OT: Where is Ranch13?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

OT: Where is Ranch13?

Post by Bogie35 »

I haven't seen him post since we moved to the new forum. I don't know if he changed his handle or what. If so, let me know.

Thanks,
bogie
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Bogie35,

Ranch13 is Don McDowell here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

J Miller wrote:Bogie35,

Ranch13 is Don McDowell here.

Joe
Thanks Joe! I didn't know him well enough to know his name (assuming that's his name of course!). :)

bogie
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Yep, that's his name.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

I'd like to know how Doc Hudson, OD (Old Dan), and A K Church are.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Come to think of it, OD wasn't around much when the old board crashed. Hope all is well in OD land. :D

Mebbe we got lucky and that doofy Ra...... :? hey wait a minute thats me. :lol:
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

A couple months ago, Dan was on here selling a shotgun. Selling guns can be a bad sign; I hope all's well with him.

scott
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, if you want to know how a fella is, send him an e-mail! I do it all the time and seldom get cussed out. Since getting cussed out is old hat to me, there's absolutely no downside to it. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Hobie if you run into OD tell him I said hello and hope all is well.
:shock: I went to the member list, and the way it looks and as slow as my ISP is it would take me about 3 days to find out if he's here or not. :?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Don,

OD's here. If go to the membership section, then to the second page he's about half way down. But he's only showing a PM link.

Joe
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Thanks Joe.

Bogie thanks for the concern. :)
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

By gum, Don! I just drove by Ft. Laramie, WY a couple summers ago .... the same summer I visited with Malamute and Sore Shoulder in Cody. If I'd a knowed you were so close, maybe we could have stopped for a quick coffee break.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well Kirk by golly lets not let THAT happen again. :D :D

Any of you guys passing thru be sure and let me know, if at all possible we'll see if we can get together.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I'm half afraid to visit Wyoming.....I might not ever come back home!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

DerekR wrote:I'm half afraid to visit Wyoming.....I might not ever come back home!
Come visit now, you'll want to go home. Wind chill -25 and I think I've shoveled the same dang snow out of my driveway 5 times now :evil: . It just keeps coming back from another direction. Snow doesn't evaporate or soak in around here; it just gets worn out. :wink:
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

Hey Don,
Back in the early 80's, I lived up the road from you a little ways - Glenrock.
I have since been back up that way a few times to hunt goats as well. That is God's Country up there where you are. I didn't want to leave but was only 15 at the time and Dad was callin' the shots then. :wink:

In '82 I got drawn for the Laramie Peak area for Elk. We moved to AZ in October before the hunt started so I never got to use the tag. I may even still have that tag somewhere. :(
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

GANJIRO wrote:I'd like to know how Doc Hudson, OD (Old Dan), and A K Church are.
DuffLBagg as well. I havent seen him around but of course I havent been around much myself.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

DerekR wrote:I'm half afraid to visit Wyoming.....I might not ever come back home!
Derek,

I've been to Wyoming twice. The first time in the summer of '64, and the second time in '96. After the trip in 96 I've been trying to move there permanently ever since. So far nothings jelled. I'll keep trying, someday I'll get there.

And Don I'll be paying you a visit. Done told you that.

Joe
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

Leverluver wrote:
Come visit now, you'll want to go home. Wind chill -25 and I think I've shoveled the same dang snow out of my driveway 5 times now :evil: . It just keeps coming back from another direction. Snow doesn't evaporate or soak in around here; it just gets worn out. :wink:
I didn't think about the winters! We've about quit having much winter here in Tennessee.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

GANJIRO wrote:I'd like to know how Doc Hudson, OD (Old Dan), and A K Church are.
Doc Hudson's been busier than a one armed paperhanger. AK Church can be found on the Savage 24 forum (link can be found on the http://www.sixshootercommunity.comwebsite header) I've not heard from OD in a while, he pops up now and then on the sixshooter community forum.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Any of you guys that ever thought you might want to live in Wyoming, best come now. There's probably not been a time quite like this boom. Every corner of the state , except the southeast corner is booming, with high paying jobs. Finding housing is a bit of a trick, but the jobs are there if a feller wants one. I've heard even fast food outfits are starting at 8 dollars and more.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

But if you come out for a leasurely vacation with the family while job hunting, you better have your own sleeping facilities (tent, camper, etc) as you will NOT find a motel room in the whole southwest quadrant (Pinedale, Big Piney, Lander, Rock Springs) of the state. And modern convenience camping facilites will be few also. Many workers are being put up in barracks like the old CCC camps. Huge facilites that house several hundred workers. 30 years ago, I really liked Pinedale but you couldn't pay me to go there now; maybe after the boom is over (as it always is in this state).
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Don McDowell wrote:Bogie thanks for the concern. :)
You're welcome. Glad you're still around.

BTW, one of my first posts was asking advice on which chambering I should get in my first lever, 30-30 or 35 Rem. I know you love your 30-30's, but you also assured me that the 35 will work fine if I do my part.

Well I ordered my first levergun yesterday, a Marlin 336C in 35 Remington. I guess I just wanted something a little different. Truth be told, if I had waited another hour to place the order, I may have changed my mind back to the 30-30! :) It's kinda hard to decide between two good things!

Thanks for being here!

Sincerely,
bogie
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:oops: Aw shucks Boge , just trying to help. :D Glad I could be of some help :)
Be sure and give us a good post on that new shooting iron when it gets here.
When a feller chooses his weaponry with confidence it seems it works a bunch better.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Ganjiro, Ranch Scott...

Thanks fellas. :D

Things are fine, just don't get around as many boards here of late.
Scott, not to worry, was just selling some duplicate guns to help pay for another Les Baer. :wink:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:D OD good to see you pokin things around on the keyboard.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Howdy Don, how have you been my friend?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Been fine amigo, been just fine. Shooting up a storm, bought a new 75 model from CSharps the other day, waiting for some good weather to see if it really is going to shoot the moa, it teased me with the other day. Feedin cows lots of the "cheap" feed, and all the other usual stuff.

How's things been in your world?
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Glad to hear it Ranch. Have you posted any pictures of the '75?

Things have been pretty good here, busy but good. The father-in-law had surgery for colon cancer earlier in the month so that kept things off balance for a time. Fortunately the Docs say they got it all and the FIL is doing great, things are slowly getting back to normal. :wink:

I appreciate your asking, Don.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Glad to hear the fatherinlaw is doing well.
I regret being a bit lax on checking in on folks , I should do better keeping track of. :oops:

Yes , I titled the thing Psst wanna see some pictures or some such.
Had them put fancy walnut on it, and my what a peice of wood they put up. Those pictures really don't do it justice.

I'm hoping for some good things from it on the shootin circuit this summer.
Giving serious consideration to shooting the world Creedmore this fall, just waiting to hear for sure whether it'll be in Wisconsin or Raton. More likely to make it to Raton than Lodi.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Good to see ya here Dan, prayers for a speedy recovery for FIL on the way.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Don McDowell wrote:Glad to hear the fatherinlaw is doing well.
I regret being a bit lax on checking in on folks , I should do better keeping track of. :oops:

Yes , I titled the thing Psst wanna see some pictures or some such.
Had them put fancy walnut on it, and my what a peice of wood they put up. Those pictures really don't do it justice.

I'm hoping for some good things from it on the shootin circuit this summer.
Giving serious consideration to shooting the world Creedmore this fall, just waiting to hear for sure whether it'll be in Wisconsin or Raton. More likely to make it to Raton than Lodi.
Thanks amigo.

I'll look around and see if I can find that post, sounds like a beauty, Don.
Keep us informed if you make it to the Creedmore shoot, I'd think that would be interesting as all get-out.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

GANJIRO wrote:Good to see ya here Dan, prayers for a speedy recovery for FIL on the way.
Thank you, it's good to see you too, Ji.

How have you been doing? I think of you and your Mom & Dad quite often.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Just in the nick-O-time. :wink:

Slow is just slow.
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Duff is runnin the roads tryin to lighten his load. He checks in when he gets back to Fla.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Thanks Cas. :)
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

OD wrote:Ganjiro, Ranch Scott...

Thanks fellas. :D

Things are fine, just don't get around as many boards here of late.
Scott, not to worry, was just selling some duplicate guns to help pay for another Les Baer. :wink:
Oh, NOOOOO!!!! Not ANOTHER start of the infamous "Leverguns 1911 forum"! :shock: :D

I haven't been here in a while, myself. Haven't acquired anymore guns since I left (I don't think), and I certainly haven't gotten rid of any. I just missed y'all! Dropped by to say, "Hi!"

Teek
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Slowhand Teek?

Lordy it has been awhile! Howya doin' Teek?
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

crawdaddyjim wrote:Duff is runnin the roads tryin to lighten his load. He checks in when he gets back to Fla.
Thanks Jim, I knew he was driving now but its been a long while since I've talked to him or see him post.
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Teek, good to see you make the transition. :)
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

Thanks for the welcome again, y'all! Dan, it's really great to hear from you again! And yes, it HAS been too long, hasn't it?

Teek
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

It has been too long my friend, what have you been up to?
Everything is well with you I hope?
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

Got into motorcycles October of 2006, bought a used Honda Shadow 750 to learn and "grow" on...

I got divorced from the Korean woman I was married to for 17 years...hadn't seen her since February 2005, so I figured it was about time! Basically she has never lived with me since before I became a regular here. She went back to Korea and gave up her residency status. Met a cute little Filipina Filly online and have been chatting up with her for over a year and a half...even as I was a regular here.

I replaced the Honda with a Harley in September...went to the Philippines in October! Rediscovered my passion for camping and being miserable in December! Time will tell what will happen in January! BTW....

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!! 8) :D :P

Teek
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Teek, I certainly hope that everything works out in your favor, you're a good fella and deserve to be happy.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My golly, everybody's back! It does my heart good to see you all here and to hear that you're all well.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson