Possible solution to the "What if"s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Possible solution to the "What if"s

Post by morgan in nm »

I have been reading a lot of the "what if" propositions lately as well as "what is the best ..." and I really like reading them but I do understand how some might be a little annoyed by so many of them. So, I was thinking, "what if" :roll: they were made as "Polls." It might work for even ground between the members.

Just a thought :wink:
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Possible solution to the "What if"s

Post by Mike D. »

The correct answer to all potential "polls" is WINCHESTER. BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :twisted:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

morgan in nm wrote:I have been reading a lot of the "what if" propositions lately as well as "what is the best ..." and I really like reading them but I do understand how some might be a little annoyed by so many of them. So, I was thinking, "what if" :roll: they were made as "Polls." It might work for even ground between the members.

Because they are NOT political. They are about the wants, needs, usage, functioning, etc. of for the most part, lever action action rifles and should be/deserve to be in the general lever guns forum.
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If I were in a gun shop or around the campfire, and someone were to ask, "If you just had one gun in .35 caliber, what would you pick?" or some such question, I would NOT expect a disgusted "Harrumph!" and exodus of customers or firesitters, but rather some might chime in with an enthusiastic answer, some might just listen, some would probably argue, and maybe a few tune it out because they'd already heard it asked before a few weeks ago.

No different than "What do you think is the best tang sight for an 1887?" or any number of questions people ask.

Seems to me, if there are too many "political" posts, some take offense, but then if there are too many "which two guns" type posts, others take offense, and of course there's the ones who take offense at the "OT" posts on welding, horses, handguns, or whatnot.

Oh yeah, and the ones who take offense at all the people who take offense about things... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lighten up some. We got bigger things in life to deal with, don't we...?
(Family, Friends, Jobs, Politics (yes that includes 'gun control'), the Economy, etc...?)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

And besides. With cabin fever in full swing, let's talk about anything.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Modoc ED wrote:
morgan in nm wrote:I have been reading a lot of the "what if" propositions lately as well as "what is the best ..." and I really like reading them but I do understand how some might be a little annoyed by so many of them. So, I was thinking, "what if" :roll: they were made as "Polls." It might work for even ground between the members.

Because they are NOT political. They are about the wants, needs, usage, functioning, etc. of for the most part, lever action action rifles and should be/deserve to be in the general lever guns forum.
Sometimes, I am a total DUMB-butt!!! I read "Polls" in "morgan in nm's" thread/post as an abbreviation for political which of course was dead wrong. Geez!!! Sorry about that. The "What Ifs" could work as a poll but for me it would be a 50/50 proposition.

Sorry for the mis-read on that "morgan in nm".
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Anyone can start a poll.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Gobblerforge wrote:And besides. With cabin fever in full swing, let's talk about anything.
Gobbler
Cabin fever??? Oh geeze, check out my post on "what are the odds"

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Really the correct solution is simple; just don't read them! I know some people can't stand to not open a post, but I've found I miss very little when I simply move past the titles of posts that don't interest me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/