What is your favorite gun store?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I was sorry to hear that Marvin is not so good a man anymore. He always acted a little like a want-to-be tough guy, but I figured he was ok. If I go back, I will avoid the store now, thanks Pharmseller.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

brucew44guns wrote:I was sorry to hear that Marvin is not so good a man anymore. He always acted a little like a want-to-be tough guy, but I figured he was ok. If I go back, I will avoid the store now, thanks Pharmseller.
Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you should avoid him. Like they say, your mileage may vary. He usually has a lot of guns (a little proud on the prices but I liked to buy local). Just be aware that customer service isn't a priority in my experience.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

+4 for Kittery Trading Post. When I was growing up, it was Creekside Gun Shop in Holcomb, NY.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Targetmaster! better than a gunshow!
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

L&L Guns , Battleground WA. Terry & Jan Lee owners.

A small shop (5-600 sq.ft.) no reloading stuff, just guns and ammo,safes,good folks and good prices.
Terry and Jan both are real shooters and hunters ,REAL GUN PEOPLE. :D
coachise
Levergunner

Post by coachise »

My favorite is the Powder Room in Powell, OH. Although a little more expensive than Vance's (another good store in Columbus, OH), I like the guys that run the shop. It's , also, my indoor shooting range.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Re: What is your favorite gun store?

Post by the telegraphist »

1886 wrote:Kittery Trading Post, Kittery Me. gets my vote. Always a great selection. Lots of leverguns. 1886.
Theres no such thing as a bad beer, some are just better than others. Like gunstores.
Rgds
The Telegraphist
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This place is sure easy to order from...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php.

Maybe not "favorite" yet (because I just ordered my first gun from them and sale still pending), but sure nice to just point, click, and pick up next week at the local FFL...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Benton Shooter's Supply in Benton, Tennessee.
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze--I better say this----------Targetmaster---I plumb near live in the place--The owner and I go back to high school days. There's something new in there everyday, from muzzleloaders to machine guns-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Though I haven't been there in a while and the prices were a bit on the high side even then, I will throw a vote in for Collector's Firearms on Fondren in Houston. They used to have quite the mix of "stuff". My wife dreaded my weekend trips to browse there ... never knowing what I might find.

I just realized this is an old thread ... I wasn't looking at the post dates. I saw Junior's response and thought he was posting again all of the sudden. :o
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Ditto for Oregon73's vote for Gun Broker in Clackamas, Or. They don't get a lot of the old guns I really want often, but when they do the prices are fair or negotiable. Nicole and Pat are great!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I frequent both Gunbrokers, Tigard & Clackamas. Pat & Nicole or Steve, Carrie, & Kim......customer service is great. I find some great stuff every once in a while.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

+1
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm lookin for one right now. I need a new best friend with an FFL. It might end up being my local hardware store.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

The gun stores in my town are just like the gun magazines of today; loaded with nothing but bolt action super magnum rifles and 1911 look-alike 9mm pistols. :roll: :(
I'm not a fan.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

In central Virginia Clark Brothers and Greentop used to be the places to go !

But now Clark Brothers bumped the prices to the northern VA level and Greentop kinda did the same thing for the Richmond crowd !

I do quite a bit of buisness over Gunbroker and Auctionarms . But for local shops I like Gordonsville Sports Supply in of all places Gordonsville Virginia and Terrapins Sports Supply in Orange Virginia .

Also like Dugan's Gunshop in Hughesville Pennsylvania . The Hunters Gallery in Hamlin Pennsylvania isn't to bad either :wink:

And the "Outdoorsman" in Pennsylvania right below the New York line on I-81 is pretty decent . Although they are pretty much high end ! Kimber , Cascade , Dakota :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

What me favorite gun shop??

MINE.
waz
Levergunner

Post by waz »

MADCO/Austral Arms, Toowoomba.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

6pt-sika wrote:In central Virginia Clark Brothers and Greentop used to be the places to go !

But now Clark Brothers bumped the prices to the northern VA level and Greentop kinda did the same thing for the Richmond crowd !

I do quite a bit of buisness over Gunbroker and Auctionarms . But for local shops I like Gordonsville Sports Supply in of all places Gordonsville Virginia and Terrapins Sports Supply in Orange Virginia .

Also like Dugan's Gunshop in Hughesville Pennsylvania . The Hunters Gallery in Hamlin Pennsylvania isn't to bad either :wink:

And the "Outdoorsman" in Pennsylvania right below the New York line on I-81 is pretty decent . Although they are pretty much high end ! Kimber , Cascade , Dakota :wink:
Ya outa try Doninion Outdoors in Fishersville, Va
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

colo native wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:In central Virginia Clark Brothers and Greentop used to be the places to go !

Or Nuckols Gun Works in Staunton... :wink: (I had to say that now that I work there. :lol: )
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

Hobie wrote:
colo native wrote:

Or Nuckols Gun Works in Staunton... :wink: (I had to say that now that I work there. :lol: )
And,, sence I work in the back room I had ta say it as well... Both are fine stores, although its been several years since i went ta Stanton, guess I'll just have ta go see Hobie...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

colo native wrote: And,, sence I work in the back room I had ta say it as well... Both are fine stores, although its been several years since i went ta Stanton, guess I'll just have ta go see Hobie...
Heck yeah, I've been up there to see you! :wink: :lol:

On another note, we're certainly busy but don't have the floor space you guys have. It can get mighty crowded in there!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

colo native wrote:
Hobie wrote:[quote="colo nativeYa outa try Doninion Outdoors in Fishersville, Va
I did buisness with Dominion one time and one time only as they had a no longer made Marlin I wanted ! The people seemed nice enough in the old store and the new store is nice ! But the prices are to high for me to drive over there ! Okay to stop by if passing thru !

As for Nuckol's I've been in there twice and each time I came away with the feeling that they could have cared less if we had come in the door or not ! I also thought their prices were not all that great !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !