FS--PA.---Belding & Mull Powder Measures.**1 SOLD**

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where Trump is supported and no foreign guns are allowed...except Israeli Model A Uzi's

FS--PA.---Belding & Mull Powder Measures.**1 SOLD**

#1 Post by Sixgun » Mon May 15, 2017 2:00 pm

The one on the left, with the copper hopper, in the picture is sold.

Back in the day of Warren Page and other top benchrest shooters, the powder measure to have was the Belding & Mull. You do not drop the powder directly into the case from the hopper but drop it into a calibrated drop tube and then pour it into the case with the drop tube. They are slow but extremely accurate. Both of these come with the calibrated drop tube and are excellent+ condition. One has the copper hopper and the other is see through plastic. They both have the "see through" window. The one with the copper hopper does not have a cap...easy fix.

The one on the right is marked "Tuckahoe". Have no idea why but it's a Belding & Mull. (that's funny.."tuck a hoe") :D

These will not fit easily into a $7 flat rate box so will need the $15 one which is safer as I can wrap it real good.

$85 for each....shipping included.-----6

From a 1950 Shooters Bible. ($128 in today's money)

Testimonial from someone on "Cast Boolits"

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... er-measure
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move Over All You Puppy AR-15's...The Big Dog Is Coming Through!!
OOW BAR 30-06
Terry Is Right

Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Re: FS--PA.---Belding & Mull Powder Measures

#2 Post by Steelbanger » Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Good afternoon Jack,

My B & M measure is in continuous use for almost 50 years. I also have, in reserve, an RCBS measure which was supposed to be put into usage after the B & M went TU. So my friend I won't be buying either of your moulds. Incidentally, B & M has parts for sale for these measures and although expensive they work. I replaced some of the internals and if it only goes another 50 years I will still be happy. When I bought it back in 1970 I was casting bullets and trading them for tools, guns, etc. with a great guy who was the first of our small group to pass on. There are a few sons remaining but I am the last of our senior members. Boy, I really miss those guys.

Whoever buys these is in for a treat.

Steelbanger
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where Trump is supported and no foreign guns are allowed...except Israeli Model A Uzi's

Re: FS--PA.---Belding & Mull Powder Measures

#3 Post by Sixgun » Thu May 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks Frank....these younguns don't know a real powder measure until they handle one of these.---Jack
Move Over All You Puppy AR-15's...The Big Dog Is Coming Through!!
OOW BAR 30-06
Terry Is Right