Going off to do something fun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Going off to do something fun

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I wasn't able to check in here last week. Between a business trip from hell, and spending every free moment preparing for what I'm headed off to in a little bit, I just couldn't make it.

But all the prep is worth it. It is our Boy Scouts Troop's "big" Court of Honor, the one after summer camp, and I am still the Advancements Chair for the troop. I look forward to this every year. I'll be handing out over 80 merit badges, 17 rank advancements and other awards to over 30 industrious scouts. It is so much fun! :D

Y2K aged out, as an Eagle Scout, over a year ago. He's been helping though this summer, sitting on our Boards of Review for the rank advancements. It's fun to have him here by my side again, especially as a peer and fellow Adult Leader.

Despite all the changes with the Scouts, most bad, the organization still does a lot of good, and as long as our local troop is not forced into this PC BS, I'll stick with the program for as long as I can.

I hope you all had a great weekend!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Going off to do something fun

Post by Blaine »

Good people on the inside can change stuff.... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Going off to do something fun

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
It was disheartening to read the further corruption going on with the Scouts. Did near two years as an Assistant Scout Master with Troop 2 in Germany years back when it was still a good unashamed God /Country centered organization. From what I read today it is a whole "new order". Gives hope to know there are still local Troops still in charge of their own future.
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.