Another dozen years...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Another dozen years...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... maybe 10 if I'm luck, then I can retire.

If I can last that long.

A week of business travel from hell last week. First flight was delayed 2 hours, including 3 calls to the gate, then asking everyone to sit back down. That was the good one!

The second flight was the next day. I got to the airport early (big mistake). 5 gate changes and 10 delays - not including the 35 minutes we sat on the tarmac after pushing back from the gate - all for a stinking 45 minute flight. Total delay was 6+ hours, and I had to stand the last 2 hours. They asked us not to leave the gate area, kept delaying the flight in 5 or 10 minute increments, and there were no seats left. My back is still killing me (that was Wednesday).

If I can last that long...
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another dozen years...

Post by RIHMFIRE »

time to buy a fast Car :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I wish I could tell You it get's easy....I'm 63... been in the retail meat industry for 45 years. not much on Me doesn't hurt daily, back, hands.shoulders........ The owners had a "buyout" for a lot of senior workers last spring. BUT NOT FOR MEATCUTTERS....as We are far too valuable. :shock: :evil: :twisted: God Help Them if THEY ask ME about WAGES,BENIFETS, OR VACATIONS FOR PEOPLE MY AGE. I hit a wall when I was about 56 and it's been downhill since then. The only thing I can say is Stay Strong ,and don't look at the waves but Up to the Lord . Have Faith. One day at a Time.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I feel for ya.

Starting with my company in 2009 I flew, _a lot_. Almost all west coast (from Ohio) trips.

I can be happy never getting inside an aluminum tube again.

Last couple years I've driven my company van all over eastern U.S., Manchester to Lakeland, Little Rock to Savannah, Providence to Minneapolis.

Saw it then, the air travel system is in decline mostly because they've gotten too good. People who used to go Greyhound or go not at all, think nothing of putting on their pajamas and hair curlers and hopping a flight.

I'd swear in a court of law I've seen people dressed better in Walmart than queuing up at the entrance gate to Southwest or Frontier.

Added to that the less than customer service related attitude TSA has, along with their easily visible lack of competence...

Flying in the continental U.S. today is horrible - no let me correct that. The flying is great. Safety on an American carrier is beyond awesome.

However, the hours of hassle, TSA degradation, airport parking, waiting, baggage handling, the mass of cattle-like humanity at the gate - it just ain't worth it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Go Kid!!!! Ya never know when the light switch is going to be pushed down...

Don't know if it was my excessive drug and alcohol use back in the seventies, but it must have been something as Doc says I'm about perfect....(I knew that).......no isssues at all since 1954......----6
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Gee... Six.. that's All I want is to get to perfection like YOU.......You Da Man.! :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm Gee... Six.. that's All I want is to get to perfection like YOU.......You Da Man.! :D .
Yup. Ole Six is my hero! :D

Hang in there, Kid. I got about the same amount of tume left. Keep hoping for an early out. I've got 30 years with the company but I'm not old enough......just feel it.
They've done some buyouts in the past that have been sweet. Seen a guy go at 53. Fingers crossed......
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

.45colt wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm Gee... Six.. that's All I want is to get to perfection like YOU.......You Da Man.! :D .
Well .45 Colt......don't let anyone BS you, even degenerate me. For real, my physical shape is great...little to no aches and pains at 63 but in all reality, no one "has it made". There are times I really struggle.....mentallly......don't know why, but I do. In addition to my "half Italian heritage", my other half is German...my grandparents were real deal Nazi's.....Germans are noted for "thinking too much".

I used to care...but I take a pill for that now. :D ---6

Old Winchester!!!! How it be goin bro? (Ebonics)
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sup? Itbegoin dope homes, yo. (Moronics) :D

My man, Six! Pace yourself with retirement buddy!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Tire? That is a word I've heard of.

"Retire" is not a word that I can even comprehend... not unless they move me out of the OR and into the CSuite at the hospital anyway...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!