What the heck was that!?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

What the heck was that!?

Post by GunnyMack »

So I'm out in the driveway trying to put all my stuff into my new Ram 1500, all of a sudden this loud roar goes over head! Oh there goes an F15! I'm about 5 miles from Trump National Golf Course. I bet someone didn't see the TFR( temporary flight rule) about going into the local airport! As soon as someone crosses that TFR the fighters are scrambled.
I hear the White House renovation isn't finished yet so our Commander in Chief is back at his second home.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What the heck was that!?

Post by jeepnik »

Gunny, I didn't hear any jet and I'm only about 7 miles from the course. Which side of the hill did it fly over?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:05 pm
I bet someone didn't see the TFR( temporary flight rule) about going into the local airport !

I'd bet that someone is a rabid Trump-hater........ :roll: :roll:

crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Speaking of surprised by jets, years ago while solo deer hunting in north central Texas, two Phantom jets silently appeared to my right at LOW altitude and scared the stuff out of me. Then came the sonic boom!
They were on combat training flights out of the air base at Wichita Falls about 100 miles away.
Imagine how the enemy feels when the pre - napalm surprise roars by above. :shock:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/