Say hello to my kinda-sorta little friend.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Say hello to my kinda-sorta little friend.

Post by Panzercat »

gat.jpg
Extar 556 Mk2

Well, yeah, you can build an AR pistol for really cheap these days, but I hate buffer tubes and it's doubtful you can get it to weigh 3.3lbs unloaded. I figure it would make for a good truck gun and a great range blaster. Let the fireballs commence! Still trying to determin if I want the x3 magnifier to ride along with the red dot since it will increase the weight. Will have to play with a bit and see. Either way, there's fun to be had. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Say hello to my kinda-sorta little friend.

Post by fordwannabe »

Looks fun to me!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I made one in 300 Blk, but used a folding buffer tube to get around the bulk issue; I like your answer better though.

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 pm I made one in 300 Blk, but used a folding buffer tube to get around the bulk issue; I like your answer better though.
I was thinking about nearly the same thing, but one good thing about the gen2 Extar is that nub on the back is a picatinny rail. There aren't many, but a few people sell either the picatinny folding stocks or picatinny folding buffer tube adapters. Of course, i would be a morally reprehensible law breaker if i were to EVER mount one of those things on my "handgun".
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I think I'd wear ear plugs and muffs with that.

Without the buffer where do you get the spring power to return the bolt?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Good friend of mine has 2 of them. They seemed to like 556 better than 223. Only need one thing to go with that gun. A lot of ammo, because you will fly through piles of it. Be careful not to start brush fires with it.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rusty wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 pmI think I'd wear ear plugs and muffs with that.
The AR pistols in 223/5.56 are so LOUD that's why I went with 300 Blk. More like a 38 Special sound level, or with a suppressor, can be like a 22 LR rifle.
Rusty wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 pmWithout the buffer where do you get the spring power to return the bolt?
It has a very different bolt/spring design:
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/02/17/ex ... ol-review/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "