Miroku Winchesters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dad
Levergunner 1.0

Miroku Winchesters

Post by dad »

I was wondering if anyone owned one of the Short Rifles in 30 WCF? What are you experiences with it? How does it shoot and hows the accuracy with factory ammo? Are you sorry you bought it? I would use it hunting and informal practice.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Miroku Winchesters

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't have one myself but a guy I used to shoot with had one and loved it.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

I have never had a Miroku Winchester, all of mine are U.S. made. However, I was in a local gun store a few days ago and he had a new Winchester 1866 made by Miroku. It was very well made and felt good. What got me interested is it was $1199, about the same price as a riffle from Uberti. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

I dont have the rifle you're asking about but I do have several Miroku guns. My 1895 Miroku appears to be a VERY accurate rifle putting 5 rounds of cheap 180 grain RN into 1.25" at 90 yards using the tailgate as a bench rest. My 1892 Trapper is super slick to operate but they did apparently cut the chamber a little large. Still seems to shoot ok but I haven't done any serious testing with it yet. My 71 (made for Browning back in the 80's) is another great Miroku product. I used to shoot fence posts with it out to somewhere around 400 yards with it. It would hold the windage just fine, finally got into trouble with my step dad for busting up good fence posts.

So safe to say in my experience Miroku makes a very good product. Some might not be totally authentic with their rebound hammers and tang safeties but that doesn't bother me at all. The rebound hammer can be fixed with a simple pair of dikes and the safety I dont even notice. I'll take the outstanding accuracy of these guns any day.