Brunch with Gunny (JReed) in Sunny CA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Brunch with Gunny (JReed) in Sunny CA

Post by Old No7 »

Years ago, while visiting So Cal on business, Jeremy (JReed, aka Gunny) kindly invited me to his home for a delicious St Patty's Day Dinner and a personal tour of Camp Pendleton. I got to meet his family and also see his gun collection and the awesome USMC NCO sword that many of us here chipped in to buy for him per "Project Sword".

Fast forward many years, and again business has brought me to sunny So Cal -- and again, close to where Gunny lives (about 2 hours away). So I reached out to him weeks ago and we made plans, so we were able to get together for a nice brunch before he went into work and I went off to my trade show. (I'm sitting in the San Diego airport as I post this, waiting for a red-eye flight back to the east coast...)

His lovely wife Dee and youngest son Evan joined us, and it was great to see them again. His oldest son Logan is now at Marine Boot Camp, and I learned he wants to be trained to fly drones. So we'll wish him well with that.

We actually got together on Monday of this week, but I'd been too busy until now to post this... (Only got 11 hours of sleep over the last 3 nights...)

Anyway, Gunny (now retired, but I still call him that) looks great and it was terrific to have the chance to reconnect with him again. We didn't get to go out to a range and use his collection or shoot up all his ammo, but we'll have to do that for the next time. :wink:

Until then... I'll have to save up for the big bass boat he tried to sell me when we went over to Bass Pro!

Thanks to Gunny for getting together -- it was fun!

Old No7

JReed - Old No7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Brunch with Gunny (JReed) in Sunny CA

Post by Pete44ru »

The both of you look to be in excellent health - great ! . :)

jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Sounds like a great.....and busy time. Is that the BassPro in Rancho Cucamonga? They have a nice selection of boats.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Awesome! :D :D :D
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

jkbrea wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:45 amSounds like a great.....and busy time. Is that the BassPro in Rancho Cucamonga? They have a nice selection of boats.
Yup, that's the one. Go and see Gunny -- he'd be glad to sell you one!

A BIG ONE, that is... :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

That's only about 30 minutes from me. My wife and I actually looked at a boat there last month.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool 8) always good to meet a fellow levergunner....... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sounds like a good time for all. I'm down to Pendleton at least monthly. They've got that pretty new hospital that I work on.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Darryl it was great to meet up with you again. Next time we will have to make it a range day for sure. I will have to do a better job of planning that out with work. The range was only about 45 minutes from where we ate.
Hope the conference went well and you had a safe flight home.

Jbrea yep the one in Rancho.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm still amazed at how many current and former Leverguns members I have had the pleasure of meeting and dining with. Several have become good friends.
I was recently cooling my heels (pun intended-108 degrees) in Las Vegas while my wife had a conference. Gambling interests me little. I should have sent out a call to see if anyone was with a day's rounftrip.

I haven't been to California since I was in the Corps many a year ago. Wife has never been. so I need to find and excuse to get out there again. I'd hate to have to pull a new boat all the way back to Texas though, :shock:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Vance where is you seance of adventure lol. It's not that far of a drive haha
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JReed wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:21 am Vance where is you seance of adventure lol. It's not that far of a drive haha
No, it's not too far..(especially since the speed limit is no longer 55 :| )
Just have been pulled to many other directions. With family in MT (1400 miles) and OH (1000 miles) we use up too much vacation time....
We drove out to Flagstaff last Oct before heading north to hunt in NV. I was having flashbacks.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle