Jeepin pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Jeepin pics

Post by OldWin »

Been Jeeping with the club the last two weekends. Thought I'd post a bunch of pics.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Jeepin pics

Post by Mainehunter »

Just looking at those pics makes me want to start working on my CJ6 but since buying out my former employer earlier in the year doesn't look like I'll be doing anything any time soon. :( Where did you guys go?

Mainehunter
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool beans buddy, fun fun fun I`m jealous 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

From a former owner (and maybe sometime again)

Jeep is a acronym for
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Follow on to that: The more and better equipment you kit out your ride guarantees you will be able to get farther into the woods before you get stuck.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

First trip was down to Bear Mt., by Livermore Falls.
Last weekend was trails on a club members property. Much tougher than the pics look! There was some carnage. Guy broke the yoke on the drive flange on a YJ, club pres stripped some teeth off his front ring gear, two XJ Cheokees with body damage (one bad).
I rubbed my top a little but no tears.

MH,
Don't sell that CJ6!

Wecsoger,
Yes, my pockets hemorrhage!

Lenn,
Thanks bro! It really is a blast.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Really makes me miss my Jeep! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Quite a bit different terrain than the local desert I usually visit. Looks like everyone had a good time. So, how many times did you get stuck?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

jeepnik wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 pm Quite a bit different terrain than the local desert I usually visit. Looks like everyone had a good time. So, how many times did you get stuck?
I didn't the last two trips. I winched once Memorial weekend. Just ran out of clearance.
Forward progress stopped a few times last weekend, but a back up and new line took me through. Lockers on both ends make a big difference.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

I'm wrapping up a 1946 CJ2A after about 3 years of chipping away at it, the repro body gets painted Harvest Tan in a week or so I've done several other restoration and have owned 11 jeeps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just beautiful.
You gotta love flatties. Haven't had one.....yet. I had a 59 CJ-5 though. I never should have sold it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jay.....that ain't fair!!!! YOU get to have ALL the fun.

On a serious note, enjoy it bro.....my time has gone and went...............nice pics and I'm glad your enjoying life......AND.....for you folks that are not "into Jeepin" ,,,,,......Jays pictures do not do justice as to "being there"..........no matter how radical a picture looks, it's no comparison to being an actual witness............being there is the "pelosi".

This is as far as my Jeeps get to being off pavement now-a-days.-----6

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks bro. And yes, ole Six is right. It's a lot worse than it looks.
Oh, come on Jack. Cruise on up in that minty Rubicon. We'll hit the trails!
Missing a Schoodic Mountain trip tomorrow. Bummer, it's a great trail. We are going down to the oldest sons place. Guess I can't be a kid ALL the time........unfortunately. :D
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

OldWin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm
jeepnik wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 pm Quite a bit different terrain than the local desert I usually visit. Looks like everyone had a good time. So, how many times did you get stuck?
I didn't the last two trips. I winched once Memorial weekend. Just ran out of clearance.
Forward progress stopped a few times last weekend, but a back up and new line took me through. Lockers on both ends make a big difference.
If you don't get stuck, you ain't Jeepin'. :P
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay......cool bro......my biggest problem is having no one to have fun with.....so.....I stay at home or the gunclub......my boy is in Co....your a million miles away...Griff is in Tx....Old Savage is in Ca. gettin' all the soft stuff.......Eric is in Mi. finding dead people....Pitchy is way up in Mn. drinking all the rum and being an artist.....Blaine is gettin' new eyes......Brad (ollogger) is in Wyoming ridin' horses, shootin', and probably drinkin' with Ms. Hottie...(Boots).....Fordwannbe is racin' Mustangs,.......Ysable Kid is down South burnin' cross's.....Tycer is gettin' ready for the apocalypse.....on and on and on.....I'm by myself......

Sure would be nice to have us all within a few miles...we would be undefeated.----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 pm Jay.....that ain't fair!!!! YOU get to have ALL the fun.

On a serious note, enjoy it bro.....my time has gone and went...............nice pics and I'm glad your enjoying life......AND.....for you folks that are not "into Jeepin" ,,,,,......Jays pictures do not do justice as to "being there"..........no matter how radical a picture looks, it's no comparison to being an actual witness............being there is the "pelosi".

This is as far as my Jeeps get to being off pavement now-a-days.-----6

Well no wonder, ain't a CJ among em. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I tell ya bud, they wouldn't let us all group up in one place. If they gave us one state and put us all there.......
Im thinking we could take all comers.
Wish I could have posted some videos but it wont let me. Bunch of em on Facebook and a bunch on YouTube under PV4WD.
It is a bummer bein all spread out. I tried to get ole Pitchy to move up here too. You guys would fit right in.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jeepnik wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Well no wonder, ain't a CJ among em. :mrgreen:
I hear ya Jeepnik.....there are all kinds of Jeeps around here but I see very little to no CJ's...other than my neighbors '47 Willy's..which is a basket case with a tree growing through it.......CJ's in my experience are always found all rotted out and as you know and can be expected, were not pavement vehicles in their day which understands their condition.

Jeeps are really cool and dependable vehicles. In my family and my wife's there are 11 of them...all Wranglers, two YJ's, 2 TJ's and the rest JK's.----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

jeepnik wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:52 pm
OldWin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm
If you don't get stuck, you ain't Jeepin'. :P
Don't you worry, I been stuck aplenty! :D
My first Jeep was a 59 CJ5. Wish i still had it.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I'd like to buy a Jeep but apparently we have two kinds here. Those made of gold and those with no frame. :lol:

(I also like looking at old Toyota Land cruisers, those apparently are made of gold AND diamonds.) :D
Slow is just slow.
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Looks like fun! I've been looking for a YJ that isn't rusted out for some time now, apparently those are rare as hens teeth in these parts.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Its the same here. Rust is always the biggest problem.
Bought my 03 Rubicon new and put it up winters so its rust free.
Got an old 97 four banger that was run winters till 2010 but I sprayed it with oil twice a year. I too, is rust free.

Its getting tough to find TJ's, and especially YJ's, that don't need or have had frame work.
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

I know the coil springs offer a lot of advantage but the simplicity of good ol' lead springs on the YJ appeals to me. I like to tinker with things but being a former welder I just don't trust others welding on important parts like the frame. No way to tell if it was done right unless you cut it apart.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Wish I could have posted some videos but it wont let me. Bunch of em on Facebook and a bunch on YouTube under PV4WD
Watched a few vids, last time I seen that many parts flying off was the last time I followed some Harleys :lol:
Cool vids Jay looks like fun but I think I`d be babying my jeep with my pocket book.
Yep Six rum is fun, wish there were more around here to do pelosi with too, maybe someday we can all hook up.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

OldWin wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm Its the same here. Rust is always the biggest problem.
Got an old 97 four banger that was run winters till 2010 but I sprayed it with oil twice a year. :o I too, is rust free.

Its getting tough to find TJ's, and especially YJ's, that don't need or have had frame work.
I almost got busted few years back for doing that to my XJ. Thinned out the oil too much and was dripping in a couple of spots even after sitting for a few days. Got the consistency just right now to go through the air sprayer.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mainehunter wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:58 pm
OldWin wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm Its the same here. Rust is always the biggest problem.
Got an old 97 four banger that was run winters till 2010 but I sprayed it with oil twice a year. :o I too, is rust free.

I almost got busted few years back for doing that to my XJ. Thinned out the oil too much and was dripping in a couple of spots even after sitting for a few days. Got the consistency just right now to go through the air sprayer.
That's the second time I've heard of getting "busted" for it. Done it since 88 and never had any trouble.
Makes sense though.......cause it flat out works.