Kimber 84M scope mount/rings: low or medium?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Kimber 84M scope mount/rings: low or medium?

Post by kaschi »

I picked up Kimber Model 84M in 223 and wow what a sweet little rifle! Perfect weight, beautiful wood and desirable features like 3 position M70 style safety, controlled feed and claw extraction make it one of the nicest rifles I own. So here's where you guys can pitch in: I've decided on a Leupold black matte 2x7x33 compact scope for it but not sure whether to use low or medium bases/rings. Since I'm buying them from Midway, I just don't want to get something that's wrong and needs sent back. Low would be nice but there's a chance the bolt won't clear the scope upon opening. Medium would definitely work and might be the best solution. What says the jury? Thank you!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Kimber 84M scope mount/rings: low or medium?

Post by GunnyMack »

Try to find the specs for the actual height of both sets, then shim the scope up on the action and that will give you a rough idea about clearance.

I'd bet that if you got the medium set you would be right in the ball park.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

That might be an idea but probably a PITA finding those measurements. I've milled over this and have pretty much come to the conclusion that the medium height is the best solution. I'll follow up with how things turn out.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I won one at an NRA banquet. Could not get this face down on even high rings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Very simple to answer this question. Call Kimber support and they'll tell you what height rings you need if you give them the diameter of your scope's objective lens.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/contact
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Low rings will work. I have a Leupold 2.5-8x36 mm on mine.