Just one more reason to NOT use social media...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Just one more reason to NOT use social media...

Post by GunnyMack »

Just saw this on Fox News.
What a shame she had to do things this way. This day we all know there are those against US and it's another reason I hate social media!

Hunter commits suicide after animal activists cyberbullied her, says report
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/0 ... eport.html
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Just one more reason to NOT use social media...

Post by AJMD429 »

Typical 'compassionate' libtards who will destroy someone just because they disagree with them.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

Shame on Fox News.

Did you notice that the headline screams:

"Hunter commits suicide after animal activists cyberbullied her, says report"

and yet the article actually says:

"It is not known if her death was related to the cyberbullying."

The malignant media thrives on conflict and controversy ......... even if they have to make it up.
NRA life member
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

There is a tremendous amount of Broadcasting System or Broadcasting Corporation (note the initials) on social media. I don't trust everything I read on Fakebook. I am on there to keep up with friends, not for news.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

As the President has often stated: "Fake news is the enemy of the people" - and I heartily agree. :evil:

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

bmtshooter wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 pm Shame on Fox News.

Did you notice that the headline screams:

"Hunter commits suicide after animal activists cyberbullied her, says report"

and yet the article actually says:

"It is not known if her death was related to the cyberbullying."

The malignant media thrives on conflict and controversy ......... even if they have to make it up.
+1

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

The next time I am on social media will be the first time ever, bunch a BS. First I don't share a lot of my life with others and second I don't give a rat's Aziz what social medidiots think anyway. If I had that much extra time I'd finish my racecar or cast a billion more bullets, or load all that empty brass. For people with not enough to do. Flame on!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

fordwannabe wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 pm The next time I am on social media will be the first time ever, bunch a BS. First I don't share a lot of my life with others and second I don't give a rat's Aziz what social medidiots think anyway. If I had that much extra time I'd finish my racecar or cast a billion more bullets, or load all that empty brass. For people with not enough to do. Flame on!
8) Yet, here you are socializing on the 'Net.....I find the 'Net invaluable. I've been able to reconnect with high school buds, military buds, and made a ton of new friends. One fact is: No one can "make" you hurt yourself. That's the only truth in this.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

That is why I don't social network , or facebook, or whatevers out there at the time. Too many trolls stirring the crapola up and forcing their opinions on others.If I want your opinion , I either ask for it, or give you my emai; address or cell number. Sorry for her loss. :(
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Seriously??? Social media is no more than you let it be.

Our church has a facebook page. We stay connected to each other for all types of things.

I am on facebook with family and friends as well.

Here is a clue-BE AN ADULT!! If you don't want everyone to know something, DON'T POST IT!!!

If you don't like something another has posted-DON"T READ IT!!!!

Turn the computer off if it freaks you out.

For crying out loud grow up.

Don
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

I don't like the news media much either, they seem to thrive on making everyday a "reality" show.
I've been working with people for 50 years in counseling settings, she likely did not take her life
for the reason stated, she was a deeply troubled person, who happened to enjoy hunting.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Blaine, there is a big difference between a chosen forum and face book. I have left multiple forums because of the idiots on them. I searched for this forum and lurked a long time before joining, after I was sure of the character of the people. When I joined it was much more information based and less, personal based but I have come to enjoy most of the other more personal stuff. Facebook anybody gets to chime in with their opinion about anything. Frankly if you have not proven yourself in previous post to be competent, well how do I put this nicely...oh yeah, @I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK. The reason I like this forum is due to the people. I believe and I may be wrong but it seems to me most on here are more seasoned than other places. I love when someone new joins here as long as they are respectful. Most come seeking knowledge about leverguns as I did and although we do not always agree MOST of the time we disagree respectfully. I dont need some 20 something first time lever owner screaming about how this is better than that, I dont know jack about this or that, ect. I also spend 15- 20 minutes a day on computer forums, not 3-4 hours as most of the Facebook people I personally know. I may be biased also as the people I know that do social media can type about how to fix a truck but ain't sure which end of a screwdriver to hold. Just my opinion. If you like it, I am glad for you. I dont have the time or inclination to share my whole life with the entire world.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nazgul wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:30 am

For crying out loud grow up.

Don
I think growing up is part of staying off Farcebook and other such medias. Is it really such an important part of life that one needs to stay connected through Farcebook? Pick up a phone, or write an email. No need for all the drama on Farcebook.
As for not reading it, or shutting it down. It's not always that simple. Sometimes you stumble across all the childish drama, even without seeking it out. Amazing how many people I thought were "normal" are completely different on Farcebook.
I simply deleted my account there, and never miss it or whatever happens there.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) It's also "childish" to disrespect and put down people that find FB useful and enjoyable. Here's a FB Fact: You can make it as private as you want it to be by controlling who can have access to what you post between friends. You can drop friends, or even block them. :lol: Wow, it's sure easy to see who the control freaks are. :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I have a FB account. I think I have posted on it a half dozen times since I was forced to get on to log into some news feed or other.

I have no other use for it.

That said, no matter how tragic, if someone is so psychologically fragile that they will off themselves over the typing of some Troll somewhere... I can't feel much pain.

That type would wet themselves before running into traffic the first time a DI bumped his brown round into their buttery soft forehead - no matter how many critters they have killed.

If you wanna play on the 'net, be a grownup and ignore the Trolls.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Time to go conspiracy theory:
Just suppose one of those anti trolls actually followed through with one of their online threats. Forced her to write the suicide note and then killed her...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!