Need Leupold scope help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Need Leupold scope help

Post by Bullard4075 »

Bought used Leupold Var-x 3 3X10 (not CDS). On the back of the power ring is a scale of yards/meters that I assume is a range estimation aid. I am also assuming a correlation between reticle spacing,power and range. How far off am I? Any help would be appreciated. Computer search (including Leupold) so far fruitless.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Need Leupold scope help

Post by harry »

Quote from another forum:
"That system was borrowed from the traditional Vari-X III and VX-III range estimating system (RES). If u bracket a std. deer (16" back to brisket) between the center X-hair and plex post tip and adjust the power ring till it occupies 100% of the bracketing gap u then read off the distance in yards (or meters, i guess), and that's supposed to be your range to the 16" tgt. (2-6 = 200 - 600 Y/M)."
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Need Leupold scope help

Post by 44shooter »

Yes, as described above. I'm sure Leupold will send you a manual if you request it.