What's really important to Animal Rights activists

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

What's really important to Animal Rights activists

Post by AJMD429 »

....is how it makes them feel, NOT whether it is good for the animals in question....

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local ... 488108001/

Reminds me of 'gun control' activists, and 'climate change' activists..... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What's really important to Animal Rights activists

Post by FWiedner »

People should get some facts before they act on the impulses of their idiot conscience.

:x
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

We had that happen in the UK several times and the surviving mink decimated some of our native species, dumb assed animal rights idiots. :twisted:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Animals who think they are activists for the rights of non human species deserve to be forced to clean up the mess they cause.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

This is a common trait for a lot of folks of the so called "liberal" bent. They claim compassion for less fortunate people (or animals), when in fact they have disdain for the objects of their compassion and derive their satisfaction from deciding how they should live their lives, not from allowing them to make their own decisions, and the good feeling they get from being so "caring".

I have acquaintances, even family members, who are by any standard wealthy, living in enormous houses, driving luxury vehicles, wearing designer clothing, jetting all over the world for vacations, who decry the "shameful wastefulness" and "blatant consumerism" of the American lifestyle and how we squander resources. They like to go to Third World countries on brief church mission trips to help for a few days in building schools or churches, then come home and lament how ignorant and benighted "those people" are -- but are they, themselves willing to give away a single luxury or privilege so that those less fortunate might be have the resources to determine their own fates? No way! It's all about feeling good over how special ( and "correct") they are. They criticize someone like me who'll forego a weekend trip to the mountains so I can donate $100 to a worthy cause, but not spend $1000 or more to fly to Belize for 5 days and contribute labor which, on the local market, could be had for maybe $3. Yet, I'm giving enough to hire an entire crew for a week, while they are taxing the resources of the locals just by being there, and burning tons of jet fuel to do it. It's completely nuts!