Henry 410 shotgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Henry 410 shotgun

Post by rodeo kid »

Has anyone bought one of the new Henry 410 shotguns yet? If so how do you like it? I have been thinking about one as an alternate to my Henry .22 lever carbine for squirrels. God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Henry 410 shotgun

Post by Pete44ru »

Which Henry .410 ?

The break-open single shot, or the levergun ?

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Sorry, I should have specified, the lever for sure. I don't know why, but I have never been much of a fan of single shots. God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one of the winchester 9410s and love it for rabbit hunting
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

It looks good, and the tube loading is less of an issue for me in .410 than in pistol/rifle cartridges, but so far my Marlin-clone Rossi has done me fine.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

(Flame suit ON) I disapprove of squill hunting with a .22 when the shot is up in the tree. Unless, of course, you never miss. That's not to say I have not done it, but that .22 will go 1.5 miles downrange sometimes. So, yes, I liked my little single shot 12 and 410 for squills back in the midwest. Sorry to say, there is no squill hunting here in Washington.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:01 pm (Flame suit ON) I disapprove of squill hunting with a .22 when the shot is up in the tree. Unless, of course, you never miss. That's not to say I have not done it, but that .22 will go 1.5 miles downrange sometimes. So, yes, I liked my little single shot 12 and 410 for squills back in the midwest. Sorry to say, there is no squill hunting here in Washington.
I agree, I hunt squirrels in areas with high a population of people, making shooting with a .22 risky, I do however use CB longs with good success but prefer a .410.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.