Po ta toe , Pa tah toe

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Po ta toe , Pa tah toe

Post by 6pt-sika »

Been wanting a 10mm for a few months now . I had been leaning the Rock Island 1911 way but was also intrested in the Remington 1911 6". And to add salt to the wound I also like the Sig P220 Elite Hunter .

Well friday a very very slightly used P220 Elite dropped in my lap . A very good customer bought one shot it TWELVE times . The guys a retired cop and he didn't like the feel or some such gibberish . He got a Colt Delta 10mm to replace it with . And I got the Sig for about 60 % of the cost of a new one :wink:

Oh and no pictures since photobucket started acting the a...s...s !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Po ta toe , Pa tah toe

Post by Blaine »

Nice steal. I always like the 220. I wanted one in .45acp, but it never happened. Congrats! 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:23 am Nice steal. I always like the 220. I wanted one in .45acp, but it never happened. Congrats! 8)
Thanks !

I have a history with Sig .

My first was a brand new P226 and a case of hardball ammo one day when I was in Green Top Sporting Goods in Richmond VA . At the time they were hard to get and I was standing there when the guy put one in the display case . Two fellows were looking at it and each bought one . After they left I told the sales guy I'd liked to have seen one of them . He told me they had one left blah blah blah . So in a weak moment I whipped out the trusty credit card got the 226 and a case of ammo . Gun shot great I'm just not a 9mm person .

About a year later the P229 40 S&W hit the market and they at that time were like hens teeth . I saw one at a gunshow in I think it was Fishersville VA . Again my trusty CC came out and that was a done deal . I still had the 226 as well .

About a month after acquiring the 229 I was at a friends off the beaten path gunshop in Charlottesville VA and he had one of the Sig P220's that Browning imported , the gun was used but in nice shape . We did some sort of trade and I ended up with that and something else . Took it and shot it a couple times then sold it and the 226 to another friend .

Year or two later I had a Remington 700 Classic in 35 Whelen I'd owned twice . Gun was like new and I'd killed a few deer with it so didn't really have an intrest in it anymore . I happened to be going to Warrenton VA for something and stopped by a small gun shop there , the guy that owned this shop was big into the gun show circuit and did most of his buisness that route . Anyway he and I struck up a deal he ended up with the 700 and I had a nice new P220 45 ACP .

The 226 9mm shot very well but as I said before I'm not a 9mm type guy , the 229 40 was a tack driver and I very much liked that gun . For the life of me I cannot remmember why I traded it off . Both the P220 45's I had shot very very well but not quite as well as the 229 40 . It'll be intresting to see how this 10mm does . My pistol skills have diminished some in recent years so that may be a factor . But I see no reason I can't get proficient enough with the gun to plunk a deer inside 30 yards .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

60% off is quite the steal! :mrgreen:
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Those Sig Hunters are cool , good score! :mrgreen:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm 60% off is quite the steal! :mrgreen:
I got it for 60% of the cost of a new one .
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Grats, I thought ya bought a Harley by the title. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Pitchy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 am Grats, I thought ya bought a Harley by the title. :lol:
No , if I ever got to getting a two wheeler more then likely it'd be an Indian 😉👍🏻
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Have dies on the way ! Star line cases and shell holder on order . But I'm debating whether to get a box of Nosler 180 grain JHP's to load or just go on and get an RCBS 180 grain mold and start there right off the bat .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Oopted out for the Nosler 180's . Perhaps after I kill a deer with jacketed in this thing I'll go on to 180 and 200 grain cast for this thing !
Well provided aircooled or water quenched wheelweights will be suitable . Could make them 50/50 WW's and Lino but I'd just as soon stay straight WW's .