Best Self-defense Handgun.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Best Self-defense Handgun.....

Post by AJMD429 »

For CCW, I have used revolvers:
  • Ruger Super Blackhawk... :shock: (it was my only center-fire handgun at the time, and I worked evenings/nights in pharmacies while in college :oops: ).

Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Spl - great cartridge; Crimson Trace lasergrips sealed the deal.

North American Arms Pug 22 WMR; for when CCW is 'illegal' or will get you fired... :roll:
HOWEVER.....these days a semiauto does make more sense, if you are in an urban area.....

So....two general 'choices'....
  • a) cartridge, and
    b) firearm
I feel like calibers beginning wit '4' or '5' are quicker stoppers, although I'd not want shot with a 9 mm (...or a 22 short for that matter).

I also like CONTROL over the hammer (same reason I like lever-gun vs bolt actions or semiautos), so I like 1911's and the Taurus 92's (better safety ergonomics vs Berretta).

So, in a modern scenario, where a full-size firearm is no problem (I am male, lanky, don't wear 'fasionable' clothes, live in a pro-CCW state, and am self-employed), I have these primary choices in semiautos:
  • ParaOrd P-14 45 ACP - 14-20 shots of 45 ACP in 1911 format

ParaOrd P-12 45 ACP - 12-20 shots of 45 ACP in 1911 format

Taurus PT-92 99mm - 18-24 shots of 9mm in 'Beretta 92' format

Glock 9mm - 17-32 shots of 9mm in Glock format

Glock 45 ACP - 14 shots of 45 ACP in Glock format

Glock 10mm - 16 shots of 10mm in Glock format
I like the hammer-control, but tend to avoid 'Condirion One' carry since when the gun is un-holstered and on the nightstand, a condition one handgun intimidates me with kids in the house. OTOH the blocky Glocks I can't shoot as accurately, PLUS.I read how the non-9mm Glocks are prone to problems.....I've shot over 1,500 rounds of Golden Sabre through my P-15 without a hitch.

Interested in your thoughts, particularly as to Glock reliability in 46 ACP and 10mm, although the ONLY reason I'd go with 10mm would be if it were less likely to jam than 46 ACP, since the power difference would only be useful against bears.

I think I just need to get used to 'condition one' in the 1911 - I did so for years working in pharmacies nights when on medical school, but didnt have kids in the house then.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Best Self-defense Handgun.....

Post by wecsoger »

For the first person that mentions the Taurus Judge, I will start stabbing myself in the thigh with a Sharpie marker...... (grin)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 pm For the first person that mentions the Taurus Judge, I will start stabbing myself in the thigh with a Sharpie marker...... (grin)
:lol:

Yep.....I am sure it is an ok 'bedroom gun' for the novice, but not my choice...!
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

The average self defense fight take less than five rounds and less than five seconds. The gun you can work with the least amount of wasted motion(time) is the correct one.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:30 pm.

I think I just need to get used to 'condition one' in the 1911 - I did so for years working in pharmacies nights when on medical school, but didnt have kids in the house then.
This
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I still stay with a revolver myself. If that is what you have been using, why reinvent the wheel?
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

The one in your pocket.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

The one you will take with you everyday. I was mugged, and I did not have my 1911 on me because the car, I was gonna be driving had contoured bucket seat and pushed the hammer in my fat errr um rounded back. I was always big gun, high dollar gun, blah blah blah. I now carry a taurus 9 lots of days, but also have a 25 acp derringer, for times where I CAN NOT be found with a gun. I would pick whichever gun you will take with you every time, and not leave home because of x, or y. '
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My opinion is that the best one is the reliable one you have with ypu when you need it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

A 32ACP in the pocket beats a 45ACP at home.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I never leave home without the LCP, or (hardly ever) one of the two J-Frames......Just pocket guns...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Don't know how good they are seeing as I never seen one in person let alone shot one, and probably could never afford one BUT...
The Kimber K6S has allot of appeal to the wheel gun lover in me. Touted as the world's lightest 6-shot revolver chambered in 357 Magnum, with brushed finish stainless steel construction, and match trigger.
Sounds pretty decent to me.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
shiloh505
Levergunner

Post by shiloh505 »

Doc,
I worked in mid sized city, about 200,000 people as a police officer back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. We were initially issued S&W model 10 revolvers with .38 spl RNL ammo. I was involved in multiple gunfights over the years and experienced a one shot stop with .38 RNL ammo (often claimed to be a very poor man stopper) and other times it took multiple shots. On one occasion it took multiple rounds of double 00 buckshot from my 870. We switched to Glock 9mm in 1986 the added capacity was very comforting. Since retiring I carry a Glock 19 and a spare magazine when I leave the house. I believe it's all about shot placement not necessarily bullet diameter or weight. I responded to God only knows how many person shot calls and saw many, many people dead as it gets from .22, .25, .32 and .380 Almost never were large calibers used by the criminal element but those people were just as dead. As a Doctor you've probably seen many shooting victims in the ER and I'm betting most of those were with small caliber handguns. I'm not advocating small calibers I'm just saying that carry a caliber that you train with consistently and has high capacity. You can't have too much ammunition. As Evan Marshall is purported to have said, "there are three things that count in a gunfight, shot placement, shot placement and.....shot placement". I would agree. Good luck with whatever you choose.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Taurus Judge. Now post photos of the marks. :evil:

Seriously though, I'm all over the map. I'm fickle about what I carry and just grab what appeals on any given day.
From
To
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Baby Glocks in any caliber. Kel Tec .32 is MORE likely to be on my person, for black bears or humans with hardcast loads it will get the job done,
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Two often-cited factors are NOT an issue for me:

'Size' isn't an issue, so there is nothing I'd "leave at home" most days; I'm self-employed, and my customers/patients are generally real Americans and as pro-CCW as it gets.

'Capacity' also a non-issue, as my fingers are long and skinny and I actually prefer the double-stack 1911 grip vs the only-3/16ths-inch-smaller 'regular' 1911 grip.

So.....it boils down to....."is the Glock in 45 ACP or 10mm as reliable as the 9mm Glock...?"

If so, then I need to choose between a striker-fired Glock and a controlled-hammer "1911" P-14.....I already like the 1911 format, the grip is better than the Glock, AND I like having several 45 ACP 20-round pistol magazines that also function in my Mech-Tech carbine. But I've become an old-man gun-wimp, and am bothered by leaving my unholstered 1911 in 'Condition One' on the nightstand.... :oops:

I think I just need to man-up and deal with the 1911; I see nothing the Glock would add....unless I had a 10mm in 'bear country', or if it were as reliable as my current P-14 and had 20-round mags also useable in a carbine.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

tman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:05 pm Baby Glocks in any caliber. Kel Tec .32 is MORE likely to be on my person, for black bears or humans with hardcast loads it will get the job done,
My G-42 like the G-30 were really bought in protest to laws that were coming into effect, or already in effect in one area but not another. I must admit I usually carry my AMT Backup in .380 if I want something of that caliber. The Glock .380 is considerably larger. The Glock 30 really is an excellent carry gun. But I find myself usually reaching for a 1911 when I carry something in .45 acp. Just what I grew up with.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:27 pm Two often-cited factors are NOT an issue for me:

Size isn't an issue, so there is nothing I'd "leave at home" most days; I'm self-emoyed, and my customers/patients are generally real Americans and as pro-CCW as it gets.

'Capacity' also a non-issue, as my fingers are long and skinny and I actually prefer the double-stack 1911 grip vs the only-3/16ths-inch-smaller 'regular' 1911 grip.

So.....it boils down to....."is the Glock in 45 ACP or 10mm as reliable as the 9mm Glock...?"

If so, then I need to choose between a striker-fired Glock and a controlled-hammer "1911" P-14.....I already like the 1911 format, the grip is better than the Glock, AND I like having 20-round pistol magazines that also function in my Mech-Tech carbine. But I've become an old-man gun-wimp, and am bothered by leaving my upholstered 1911 in 'Condition One' on the nightstand.... :oops:

I think I just need to man-up and deal with the 1911; I see nothing the Glock would add....unless in 'bear country', or if it were as reliable and had 20-round mags also useable in a carbine.
Glocks have a well deserved reputation for reliability. But, plastic guns just don't have the "soul" of wood and steel. They just don't "feel" right to my elderly hands. My kids use them at work and swear by them. Though I usually catch the eldest carrying either a commander or officers size 1911 when he's off duty. Maybe I got through to him after all. 8)
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 pm.....plastic guns just don't have the "soul" of wood and steel. They just don't "feel" right to my elderly hands. My kids use them at work and swear by them. Though I usually catch the eldest carrying either a commander or officers size 1911 when he's off duty. Maybe I got through to him after all. 8)
:lol:

I am ok with plastic and aluminum; my AR-15 is a great 'go-to' gun, but the pointability of my ParaOrdnance P-14 is so NATURAL vs any if the Glocks I've shot that it is a HUGE difference.

I should add that IF I have to be discreet I use my SIG 938 in 9mm.... it is a miniature 1911 except for the grip-safety, so the manual-of-arms is identical. It also has GREAT natural pointability for my hands.

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

My first thought is, why would you have any gun on the nightstand with kids in the house? Unless it was in one of those small thumbprint type safes it would be a recipe for disaster. Did not mean to preach it just suprised me to hear that. If you like hammer control a Sig 226 or 229 would be the ticket. The new Kimber revolver would also be a good choice. I shot one last week and liked it. God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rodeo kid wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm My first thought is, why would you have any gun on the nightstand with kids in the house?
Well.....my kids all are grown, two married and live elsewhere, the others only home weekends from college, and all have their own CCW pieces, and they never, ever, have friends over without pre-planning, and the upstairs is always off-limits. Plus the only time the 1911 isn't on my person and is on the nightstand is when I'm home......

So....I think I am living in the past, when we had roving herds of toddlers throughout the house... :? ...them was truly dangerous times...! :lol:

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

765x53 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:24 pm The one in your pocket.
Yep. Or in your hand....and it can't be in your hand or pocket if it's in the safe.
A large percentage of time I have a NAA .22 LR on me.
If I am dressed so I can conceal it, a 340PD in .357 or a 60 in .38 Special. Or sometimes a G42 or G43.

I have lots of other options from full size Glocks (G17, G21, etc) to 1911 to Redhawk.
Notice the trend? Only one I mentioned has a manual safety.

As far a a Judge, too big and unreliable (ammo finicky)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Sorry AMJ, when you said kids I thought oh my grandkids who are 4 &5. God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

If I had your choices, I'd go with either one of the first two on your list. Para Ordnance in 45 ACP, high cap. magazine...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rodeo kid wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:26 pm Sorry AMJ, when you said kids I thought oh my grandkids who are 4 &5. God Bless.⛪
LOL - yep - to me sometimes I have to remind myself they aren't toddlers anymore.

As an example, check out my son's 'progress'.....http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=69213

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Doc, my Glock10 mm has never failed, and I can shoot it better than the 1911 . the fun thing about the 10, is I am excited about a pistol cartridge again! The best thing about the 10mm, is that I hardly notice carrying it all day, so the colt 1911 stays home with the Glock 10mm serving in the truck, at the ranch, and by the bed. 180 grain Fed hydrashok JHPat home and Sig 180 ball at at 1250fps at the ranch or in truck. The power factor over the 45 ACP is just the gravy :D
olskool
Levergunner

Post by olskool »

my 32 berretta tom cat has worn holes in my pockets......
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

I am not a fan of striker fired pistols, if for no other reason almost none of them "point" for me, which is one thing I require out of a self defense pistol.
navajo
Levergunner

Post by navajo »

well, I'm new here, but as someone who has been
held at gun point...I'll just start off by saying that when you
need a gun, any gun is better than no gun.

I'm not a handgun guy. But I can appreciate the purpose they serve.
I have a Colt police positive in 32 Long that I like.
It fits my hind pocket, and is not cumbersome or bulky.
I can turn it over and whack a man with it if need be, and
I like that about it. I also carry a knife.
The best defense a man can have is his wit. Being aware of your
surroundings and avoiding dark parking lots and and blind corners
is a good thing to remember.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

here's my choice... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Being a disarmed limey, I'd be happy if I could legally carry a .22 short single shot, however if I had your freedom of choice the Charter Arms Bulldog would probably be a front runner.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

30-30 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm here's my choice... :)

To much collateral damage. I like my neighbors.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

navajo wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am well, I'm new here, but as someone who has been
held at gun point...I'll just start off by saying that when you need a gun, any gun is better than no gun.
Welcome to the forum...!

I'm mostly a 'rifle' guy, with lever-gun and low-powered bolt actions my 'fun' guns (although I'd happily shoot a Barrett 50 semiauto as well).

I've 'only' been held at knife-point, and at the time I had a Super Blackhawk in a shoulder holster, but it was very intimidating nonetheless.

I would grab my 7" Redhawk 44 Mag if I had to go face demons with a handgun (although I might try to slip my 300 Blk AR pistol through on a technicality :D ), but if I have to carry a handgun 'in case' like I did when working night shift in 24 hr pharmacies, I'd either have:

> DA revolver in 45 Colt/45 ACP (Redhawk) - 6 shots fast reload in 45 ACP using moon clips

> DA revolver in 44 Spl (Bulldog) -5 shots, Crimson Trace grips

> SA open-hammer auto in 45 ACP (Para-14) - 14 shots with normal magazine and 20 shots with slightly extended one, or

> SA striker-fired auto in 45 ACP (Glock) - 14 shots but I know of no 'bigger' magazines (although if 14 shots of 45 ACP fail' either call an air-strike or the funeral home).

As far as 'pointability' the Para-14 wins hands-down. I just need to get used to the 'Condition One' carry like I used to do with a 7- shot 1911 back in the night-shift era.

I really never leave even a 1911-size gun 'at home', because I live in a small town in a pro-CCW state, and am self-employed, so really don't care if someone 'notices'.

I also like the fact that my Para-14 magazines are useable in the MechTech carbine (although they make them to match Glocks as well)....having a 20- shot 45 ACP carbine using compact double-stack magazines is pretty nice....!

navajo
Levergunner

Post by navajo »

Thank you for the welcome, friend.
My experience was intimidating/infuriating at the same time.
But it taught me a life's lesson. It was 20 years ago
and I am forever looking over my shoulder when I
go places.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been lucky. Never had a gun pulled on me. Still, the Army taught me to be aware of my surroundings, and that may have been of some help. I have worked in some stores in parts of town where the Dallas Police do not go alone. My employer requires us to look down and to not make eye contact if anyone threatens violence. I guess it is due to their lawyers trying to figure out a way to only have to pay out wrongful death lawsuits to the survivors of the employee. Our headquarters is just outside one of the most violent cities in the U.S. The employees are not allowed to carry any weapons at work. The odds are not good that I will finish my career without being robbed or worse. Noticing the people in the store before they see me is one part of my strategy. Staying where they will be caught on camera is anothwr part. I seriously would either go to work for an independent, or open my own store if the UN-Affordable Care Act would get repealed.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I like revolvers for their simplicity and power. Little can go wrong, especially during the adrenaline dump when a "fight or flight" scenario turns into a pure "fight for your life" one.

Like you, I have long, skinny fingers, and the double-stacked grip actually feels more comfortable to me.

I just can't make myself like a Glock. Or most of the fantastic-plastic firearms. I acknowledge their usefulness, but they just don't speak to me or feel right to me. I love the 1911 platform, so would go with the P12.45, as a balance of weight, power, conceal-ability, and everything else. If the first and third don't matter, then I'd go with the P14.45.

Then again, you can always use this as an excuse to get a P13.45 (a "Commander-length" Para double-stack)! :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have fooled with a mess of handguns over the years from small to large, wheel to magazine, and I continue to believe that the good Lord Himself inspired John Browning to design the 1911 platform. That said, I bought a Ruger LCR in .22 Magnum for my wife.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 am I have fooled with a mess of handguns over the years from small to large, wheel to magazine, and I continue to believe that the good Lord Himself inspired John Browning to design the 1911 platform. That said, I bought a Ruger LCR in .22 Magnum for my wife.
At least you bought it for her. Years ago my wife "borrowed" a Taurus .38 spl. She hasn't given it back yet. Heck, just to keep her from taking another of my 2" .38 spls, she thinks they all belong to her, I had to buy a Charter Arms Southpaw (she's right handed).
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 pm I like revolvers for their simplicity and power. Little can go wrong, especially during the adrenaline dump when a "fight or flight" scenario turns into a pure "fight for your life" one.

Like you, I have long, skinny fingers, and the double-stacked grip actually feels more comfortable to me. [...it is only 3/16" bigger in circumference than a regular single-stack 1911... :roll: ]

I just can't make myself like a Glock. Or most of the fantastic-plastic firearms. I acknowledge their usefulness, but they just don't speak to me or feel right to me. I love the 1911 platform, so would go with the P12.45, as a balance of weight, power, conceal-ability, and everything else. If the first and third don't matter, then I'd go with the P14.45.

Then again, you can always use this as an excuse to get a P13.45 (a "Commander-length" Para double-stack)! :D
Boy - - - we are sure on the SAME page here - - - as a matter of fact.....I have a really nice 1911 that is more compact than my 14-shot one (that is the same grip length and slide as an original 1911-A1). It is an "Officer's Model" size in terms of grip and barrel length, so the puny little thing only holds 12+1 rounds of 45 ACP instead of the normal 14+1 rounds. It lacks the pointability of the P-14, and hasn't had as many failure-free rounds through it, so it is still relegated to 'new kid on the block' status - but I do really like it.

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I feel like calibers beginning wit '4' or '5' are quicker stoppers, although I'd not want shot with a 9 mm (...or a 22 short for that matter).

I also like CONTROL over the hammer (same reason I like lever-gun vs bolt actions or semiautos), so I like 1911's and the Taurus 92's (better safety ergonomics vs Berretta).

I believe Beretta makes different types of safeties for their guns, from none and DAO, to a frame mounted one I think, and the normal slide mounted type. They are not normally carried safety on though, so the ergonomics may not be as much of an issue in making first shots.

Another one to consider that gives a variety of safeties and has hammer models is H-K. They do several different models in 45 and other calibers. Some can also be carried cocked and locked, or hammer down and DA for the first shot. George likes them for his use in Ak because one model is factory ready for 45 Super loads with no changes. He quit the glock 10mm, he and his wife had problems getting reliability with the heaviest loads available. I believe he said they had over a dozen of the glock 10s. None were completely reliable with the heavy factory boutique loads, even with changing mag springs and such.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?