bore scope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

bore scope

Post by gcs »

Was just looking at a endoscope/bore scope that attaches to your smart phone, "there's an app for that" , Amazon and flea bay has a ton of them, and they're cheap. Stick the camera where the sun don't shine and you can see what you can't otherwise on your phones screen.
I know this cutting edge technology is tough for us dinosaurs, but has anyone seen or used one?
Hairtrigger
Levergunner 2.0

Re: bore scope

Post by Hairtrigger »

I bought one that plugs into a USB port on my computer

I purchased it a year ago for $13 postage included . it works pretty good especially if you consider I paid $13
I am one gun away from happy
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Couple of guys on here use them. They talked me into one, my son bought me one as part of my fathers day gift, unfortunately it is still sitting on my dresser in the plastic.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A few days ago, Midsouth Shooters Supply sent an email out about a sale on the Lyman bore scope. Less then $200.

I bought a $13 fleabay scope, yes it works but I had to dig up an old laptop to use it, my newer computer kept seeing it as INFECTED and wouldn't install to hard drive. Yes it works but it's kinda big, .290" dia.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I bought one for $17 on ebay a few years back. Works fine but is 10mm itself so 44 up to see all the way thru. It does have variable intensity light source so you can get pretty good pics of your bore, or the chambers of smaller calibers. I found it quite useful when working on the chambers of my BLRs. And it's long. Isn't the $200 dollar one only about a foot long? A prism to allow views of the bore at 90 deg. would be useful too.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

The one my son got me has both straight ahead and 90 degree ends, so they are available.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Does anyone make a bore scope that will work with a digital camera? We don't have a smart phone or lap tops

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Mine just plugs into a USB port. Has a small cd to load the software from. You can take all the pictures you want to with it. I use it on my desk top.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

M. M. Wright wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 am Mine just plugs into a USB port. Has a small cd to load the software from. You can take all the pictures you want to with it. I use it on my desk top.
I got one of those a year or so ago. Could not get the cd to load, never did work. Threw the whole thing in the trash and good riddance.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I bought one a year ago off Ebay for $13. Plugged it into my computer and it did it's own start up. It was OK for $13, but I didn't get a super good view. Then someone posted a topic about them, and said to push a white patch ahead of the scope as you move down the bore. Just push it in a couple inches, then back the cope up and view the area. It worked fantastic!
Mine is a small 5.5mm with a 15 ft. cord, and I went through all my long guns to check bores. After that I use it for every new old gun I get, just to get a really close look before and after I clean the bores well.
I've also used the scope with my laptop to look inside engines through the spark plug hole! It's a great tool that has many uses besides checking bores Still very happy with my cheap scope!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/