Photo's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Photo's

Post by hondo1892 »

Sorry guys can't get photobucket to work. Partly because of my computer and partly because of photobucket. I was going to post some hog hunt photo's and some of the turkey gun I just finished. Supposed to have had Windstream install a hookup at my house today but they never showed up or called. Maybe when I get Windstream I'll use my daughters computer and see if I can download a couple of photo's.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Photo's

Post by BC in TN »

I've read elsewhere that photobucket is undergoing some changes that will effectively render it useless without some paid subscription. I'm not certain of this and can't provide any details. I'm sure more info can be gleaned with an online search...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Photobucket is already useless. I've switched to Imgur. Once you learn how to navigate it's fast and simple.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I suspect photobucked is in financial trouble and they're trying to monetize as much as they can.

my ad-blocker and other utilites go nuts when I visit their site with all the ads, popups, tracking cookies, etc.

So saying, I have to turn most of that off just to use the site.

there's more on this subject here:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=69278

I just downloaded all of my photos and won't be back.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

As far as i'm concerned Photobucket is history unless you want to shell out $400/year to use it. The thing that really upsets me and everyone else is that they dropped the bomb without any warning. Read the story here:

http://sea.pcmag.com/webcom-web-hosting ... e-internet
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd pay a reasonable fee for such a service, or put up with ads that don't lock up my computer all the time, but their platform sucks anyway.

For one thing, you should be able to move photos to different folders yet still leave a link that re-directs to them so you don't have to re-do every post that uses a given photo if you decide to move it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I just finished DELETING every photo in my photobucket account !

All the albums were easy I got them done last night although the pop up advertisments on that website made the going slow at best .

Today I deleted although the pics in my bucket file on photobucket . This was a little more tediouse as they have to be deleted one at a time . But as of now they are ALL GONE and thus ends my days of posting pics on internet forums . Although I still may from time to time post a picture in some of the FB groups . But then that doesn't require a third party .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Agree that Photobucket has sealed its ignominious fate with the policy change, which has erased almost every photo I have posted on the Net for the past decade. Sent support@photobucket.com this note this morning, and am guessing they are getting an earful.

Greatly dismayed by your policy change to disallow third-party hosting for any but top-tier subscribers. You have not just become useless to me, you have eliminated hundreds of images in countless threads that I have posted over the past 10 or more years.
I think this move by Photobucket will prove to be a disaster and destroy your brand — already in trouble due to ad clutter and unreliability.
You have sewn discord and will reap its bitter fruit.
william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

Funny thing. I just read the newest policy change and saw nothing about third party sharing in the policy.
This sure is a mess.
Slim
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

On multiple forums that I frequent, this same subject is causing an uproar and if the posts are to believed, most of the folks have found other solutions and are moving or have moved to other means and are liking the lack of ads and the better response.

I plan to do that as soon as I find a programmatic way to have my 400+ Photobucket based pix moved.
If not, then I have them all saved on Dropbox and can use that as a base for posting.

I will not curse PB in writing, but will say that the way this was handled is an example of bad/poor customer service that will be difficult to surpass.

PS Has anyone found and used a program, script, or utility that can do a mass move of PB pix to another place, while changing the address at the same time?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/