PERSPECTIVE = seeing through other people's eyes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

PERSPECTIVE = seeing through other people's eyes

Post by JimT »

(this is from my friend Carolyn .. hardcore Missionary in the Sudan and Uganda)

Yesterday was one of my best days! I have had so many and this just adds to the many. Our mamas work and live with our children 24/7, never leaving the compound for time away. They live with us and work is always at the door as many of them have their own children here besides ours. They work without complaint and I see myself as so blessed to even call them friends. I can’t get tired because they spur me on. I have desired for some weeks now to take them to Kampala to a nail spa and finally yesterday it worked out for us to go. They were so beyond happy. I didn’t even realize how happy until church this morning when it was time for testimonies. Four of them came to the front and testified. One mama said she wondered if this is what heaven is like, for someone to wash your feet while you sit in a chair that massages your back and eating chocolates while all of this is going on!

Another lady said she never in her life could imagine such a place existed. She lived in Khartoum and never saw such a place. She was almost in tears when she described how nice it was to have someone wash away all of the work and toil of her feet and to put beautiful polish and lotion. And they had never seen such a restaurant with such wonderful food in their lives. Again, from the words of their mouths, they imagined if this is what heaven must be like. These things are so basic to the life of those of us who have lived in first world countries and having all these things that we come to expect them. These ladies were beside themselves with awe and wonder that such places even existed. I didn’t even get my feet done because I wanted to drink in all of the joy of just giving and watching their happiness. I will never take these things for granted again. I will remember how much it impacted these simple yet beautiful women. They even said that we are no longer called mamas, but ladies. My heart just cried in thanksgiving that they could feel so beautiful and loved.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: PERSPECTIVE = seeing through other people's eyes

Post by Griff »

Any truly "eye-opening" experience is just like that. Good description.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Awesome.....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

It sure brings me back, again, to remembering the thousands of blessings we have in my country - even in this troubled state where I live.

Thank you for the touching post.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Most don't realize how truly good we have it here. Being in the graces of God only enhances it even more. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Very thought provoking... Humbling, in fact.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Thanks Jim....

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It sure makes you think about how blessed we are in our lives and what we take for granted.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost