Vintage Marlin 38-55 Ad

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Vintage Marlin 38-55 Ad

Post by Old No7 »

I figured some of you all would like this one...

Since I just acquired a Marlin Cowboy in .38-55 (My 2nd one; sold off the first one a few years back... Why??), I just had to save this in my Marlin folder.

Tight groups!

Old No7

Marlin 38-55 Ad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vintage Marlin 38-55 Ad

Post by Old No7 »

Just found another old Marlin 38-55 ad...

Old No7

Marlin 38-55 Ammo Ad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool! The 38-55 is my favorite "medium action" cartridge. Think I'm going to hunt with my 94 half mag SRC this year.
For whatever reason, the 38-55 was VERY popular here, along with the 38-40 (another of my favorites). Them ole hicks was smart. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Never had one but those old ads are cool, I like the Remington model 8 and 81 ads too. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

My office walls are covered in framed vintage ads. I even have a Winchester ad out of a Ringling Bros Circus program

This is a flyer that was sent out offering a free rifle (depending on how much debt you bought) for buying interest bearing promissory notes. The other side was advertising.

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Old No7 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:19 pm I figured some of you all would like this one...

Since I just acquired a Marlin Cowboy in .38-55 (My 2nd one; sold off the first one a few years back... Why??), I just had to save this in my Marlin folder.

Tight groups!

Old No7

Marlin 38-55 Ad.jpg
have the same one in my folder, along with a bunch of others for early Marlin models. Should sell them all since I have no Marlin repeaters, save two 1881's.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/