Growing Up in the 70s & 80s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Growing Up in the 70s & 80s

Post by Old No7 »

I like this one!!!

This is so true!!!

And let's include the 60s and earlier years too... :wink:

Old No7

70s & 80s (Medium).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Growing Up in the 70s & 80s

Post by 6pt-sika »

The fact that there's no record of it doesn't amaze me as much as the fact that I survived what I did in my less then stellar uhm young adult years :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I remain alive, in one whole piece, and out of prison.

It amazes me to this day.

:o
:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad I grew up in the 40's & 50's - I got to see so many Hollywood actress' in their prime..... ;)

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Lot of water under the bridge, and over it too. :D
69 was a good year. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Live in the same small town I grew up in. I figured my buddies and I were just like everybody else. Years later at class reunions, and bumping into old classmates, everybody kept telling me how "bad" my buddies and I were. Well, maybe a little. :D
We raised a lotta h3ll in this little town. Can't believe nobody got killed or arrested.
I wouldn't trade a day of it for anything. I think of those times often and it always makes me smile.
I live out back from where I grew up and one of my buddies lives across the street in the same house he grew up in. Another lives across the street from where he grew up.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

FWiedner wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:11 am I remain alive, in one whole piece, and out of prison.

Agree 100% and I didn't acquire any children along the way. :wink:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jdad wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 am
FWiedner wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:11 amI remain alive, in one whole piece, and out of prison.
Agree 100% and I didn't acquire any children along the way. :wink:
+1. (That we know of)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

When I turned 50, it wasn't that I celebrated that moment in time, it was more like that I celebrated that I had survived to that point!!

Doing stupid stuff, lets say, no one on this board had a monopoly on that!!! I am sure we could tell stories that would curl your hair so to speak, that is, if we have any left, but statute of limitations might not have expired and I don't want it in print!!! Kid used to ask me about stuff I did, I would claim memory failure, except for the milder stuff. They thought it wasn't fair that THEY couldn't do that stuff now!!:)
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Some of the stuff we did as kids would have the SWAT teams called if kids did that stuff today. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

6pt-sika wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:44 am The fact that there's no record of it doesn't amaze me as much as the fact that I survived what I did in my less then stellar uhm young adult years :roll:
Yep I agree, but dark rainy nights will cover alot of tracks especially if you go alone and don't talk about it! :twisted:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I grew up in the 50's and 60's. I survived without helmets, seatbelts, airbags and such. Then again, out mothers didn't tell us "don't touch that". And, let us play in the dirt, mud and heaven only knows what.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thunder50 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 am When I turned 50, it wasn't that I celebrated that moment in time, it was more like that I celebrated that I had survived to that point!!
Don't get me wrong in what I'm about to say , BUT .............................................. ,

When I turned 30 it irritated me , when I turned 40 it irritated me more and when I turned 50 it irritated me even more yet . I'm glad I survived that long for sure but the thing that makes me mad is the fact that I'M THAT OLD :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 pm Some of the stuff we did as kids would have the SWAT teams called if kids did that stuff today. :lol:
Without a doubt. Y2K is always jealous when I tell him of the things I did when I was young. Those were better times!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pete44ru wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:40 am .

I'm glad I grew up in the 40's & 50's - I got to see so many Hollywood actress' in their prime..... ;)

Better looking... and much more talented than what passes for most actresses today!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One of the things that happened on the first day of school a long time ago was that a teacher borrowed my pocket knife to open a box of books. The box had reinforced strapping tape, and his scissors were not working. Without looking up, he called me by my last name and told me to bring my pocket knife up to him. I asked how he knew I had one. He said, "I know your father and older brothers, they all carry sharp pocket knives and so do you. Now bring it here so I can get this box open!".
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

In 8th grade, about 1970, I guess, I took a typing class so I could be in a room full of girls. :P There was just one other boy in there, the rest were girls. The teacher brooked no misbehavior from anybody. She kept golf balls in her desk drawer, and if you acted up, one would be headed your way. We were very well behaved in that class! :lol:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
xerts1191
Levergunner

Post by xerts1191 »

There's a reason my mom told me years ago, I hope when you have kids, they do the same things to you, that you did to me!