Thank you moderators

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Thank you moderators

Post by GunnyMack »

I just want to thank the moderators here for an outstanding job!
Yesterday as per a users suggestion I posted on rimfire central forum. Boy what an ordeal getting singed up, then trying to figure out how to make a post was a real PITA.
This morning I can't find my post and have to search the sight, when I find it I'm getting flak about 'not allowed' to post about parts on the general discussion page... WTH I'm looking to find parts, or a supplier.
I WONT BE GOING BACK THERE.
When the update was done here a fair amount of us complained about the changes- I for one now appreciate what we have here all the more!
Thank you for keeping the sight simple and EASY!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Thank you moderators

Post by AmBraCol »

That's where the "community" part comes in. Leverguns are our main common interest - but the community that's built here over the years is what keeps the regulars coming back, and integrates the newcomers as well.

It's nice to be appreciated. Thank you!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This is the only forum I visit daily, rimfirecentral is very useful at times but some of the members there are easily upset, I've been flamed a couple of times and once banned for a couple of weeks ...... :lol:
Paco Kelly's Leverguns.com is usually very civilised and easy to use, like Capt Woodrow Call, we won't tolerate rude behaviour..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I lasted three posts on "cast boolits" and five posts on the AR-15 forum. Banned for life after I argued my point on the first post. Some of the big shots running these forums don't like anyone challenging their knowledge/position and will chastise you into saying something hurtful and then "boom", your gone.

Oh well, there's nothing like Leverguns anyway, my favorite retreat and I must say, a great way to make pocket money. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:37 am I just want to thank the moderators here for an outstanding job!
Yesterday as per a users suggestion I posted on rimfire central forum. Boy what an ordeal getting singed up, then trying to figure out how to make a post was a real PITA.
This morning I can't find my post and have to search the sight, when I find it I'm getting flak about 'not allowed' to post about parts on the general discussion page... WTH I'm looking to find parts, or a supplier.
I WONT BE GOING BACK THERE.
When the update was done here a fair amount of us complained about the changes- I for one now appreciate what we have here all the more!
Thank you for keeping the sight simple and EASY!
+1
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I posted some on both of the Ruger Forums (.com and .net), and got the impression there is some sort of rift between the members of those two forums, as well. Amazing how people can get so worked up about silly stuff - yet I wonder how many of those who expend all that energy over some perceived insult, ever have spent an hour bothering to influence legislators on anything of real significance...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am Oh well, there's nothing like Leverguns anyway, my favorite retreat and I must say, a great way to make pocket money. :D ---6
Yeah... from me! :wink:

I don't post anywhere else. Even dropped Facebook long ago. This is my only online home... :D
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Your original post is where you put it, in the Winchester forum. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=941641

All they asked you to do was just go to the index page, scroll all the way down to "Classifieds" and post a "WTB".

Rimfirecentral is pretty easy going, but for a few Alpha Henry's on the Winchester, Anschutz, and S&W sections. The old Marlin Owners was just the opposite....they had a bunch of prissy snobs that needed to take their cattle prods out of their tail sides. :twisted:

Jack,
You must have really P1$$3D in someones Corn Flakes to get kicked off of AR15.com. :lol:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There ain't no place like this place anywhere near this place so this must be the place. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I guess my frustration over there was due to the fact that the site is clear as mud( at least as the mobile version is concerned)
I posted that I was looking for parts/ info , I was in no way trying to step on any toes.
Maybe I'm used to actually being able to navigate with ease here.
I couldn't find the classifieds on the sight. Hmm how does a guy find it here? Oh yeah 2 clicks and you are there!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

I seldom post, but lurk here quite often and find it very congenial.
I ran across something of interest on the Gun Values Board a week or so ago and saw a thread where an ex retired cop was asking about the value of something or other and gave a description, and one of the long time gents inquired about the specifics on it an a few technical questions and maybe some pics to help determine a value. The old boy got up in arms and basically said he didn't need that kind of help and found his answer elsewhere, and he was done with that sight. The guy answering was very kind and said, Wow, what did I do? I just tried to help.
I then posted and said the guy answering was truly a gentleman, was glad the poster was retired and left the forum, so no one would have to put up with him on duty or off. The moderator then said MY reply was inappropriate and wouldn't be posted. Really!!! Oh well. They emailed me a couple days later and asked, please explain what went wrong and they'd try to help. ( I just went there to make sure all my facts were straight, and I'm forbidden to even get on the sight) :roll: Maybe this in inappropriate here, too long and not on target. Just had to tell someone!
It's nice here! :D
Irv
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Daisyman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm I seldom post, but lurk here quite often and find it very congenial.
I ran across something of interest on the Gun Values Board a week or so ago and saw a thread where an ex retired cop was asking about the value of something or other and gave a description, and one of the long time gents inquired about the specifics on it an a few technical questions and maybe some pics to help determine a value. The old boy got up in arms and basically said he didn't need that kind of help and found his answer elsewhere, and he was done with that sight. The guy answering was very kind and said, Wow, what did I do? I just tried to help.
I then posted and said the guy answering was truly a gentleman, was glad the poster was retired and left the forum, so no one would have to put up with him on duty or off. The moderator then said MY reply was inappropriate and wouldn't be posted. Really!!! Oh well. They emailed me a couple days later and asked, please explain what went wrong and they'd try to help. ( I just went there to make sure all my facts were straight, and I'm forbidden to even get on the sight) :roll: Maybe this in inappropriate here, too long and not on target. Just had to tell someone!
It's nice here! :D
Irv
Hey, Irv. Read a few threads and you'll find that we tend to lean towards too long and not on target. :lol: :lol: :lol: Some folks despise this forum because we're not narrow minded enough to keep it to just leverguns. That's fine. They've simply ignored the second part of the name - community. And that's what we've been able to build over the years, a community of people that pretty much spans the globe (especially the "new world"), like leverguns and share life with each other. Our handy dandy forum rules pretty much sums it up:
Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Thank you Paul! We all like our levers for sure, but we all like other stuff, too, so if it gets off course a little it, it's no big deal, in my opinion. Just like if you were at my house, or me at yours, we'd show each other our shootin' irons, be it revolvers or black powder or air guns, etc. because it's interesting to me to learn about other things and would hope you would enjoy it, too.
If something shows up on here that doesn't interest me, all I gotta' do is go on to the next thread. Nobody's twisting my arm to read it.
Like was said, Thanks for a great sight. A high class place, fer sure! :lol:
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Daisyman wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:26 pm Thank you Paul! We all like our levers for sure, but we all like other stuff, too, so if it gets off course a little it, it's no big deal, in my opinion. Just like if you were at my house, or me at yours, we'd show each other our shootin' irons, be it revolvers or black powder or air guns, etc. because it's interesting to me to learn about other things and would hope you would enjoy it, too.
If something shows up on here that doesn't interest me, all I gotta' do is go on to the next thread. Nobody's twisting my arm to read it.
Like was said, Thanks for a great sight. A high class place, fer sure! :lol:
You just described the last couple weeks down here in Coffee Country. A fellow I call "Uncle Dale" who was state champion of Pará in Brazil back sometime in the last half of the 20th century was here along with a small team who are investigating ways to improve the missions program of a small bible college. We'd not seen each other since I left his place around September 13 or 14 2001 - that's right, just days after 9/11. We had a grand time discussing ways to help folks be more effective in cross-cultural outreach - and discussed all manner of shooting related topics as well. The two youngsters that were along didn't know what to make of our erratic topic drift. :lol: :lol: :lol: Shucks, we even managed to get the airguns out to the shooting club a couple of times, and got my Crosman 2240 up and running again.
Paul - in Pereira