Be Thankful you live in the US

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Be Thankful you live in the US

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/tT3cPwV4uTk

This documentary makes it clear how in some other 'civilized' places, "gun ownership" is sort of a hush-hush, clandestine thing, even to the extent it is 'legal'.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Be Thankful you live in the US

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There are folks over here that hide their ownership of guns from neighbours etc. but most of the people I know who have guns are open about it.
Some of our worst enemies are gun owners that seem paranoid about breaking the law and often invent more restrictive gun laws than we already have.
I have been to gun clubs that have been so restrictive that I have left without firing a shot, due to the stupid attitude of so called range officers.
Safety is obviously paramount but when the range officers tell you that you can't use hollow point ammo to zero your hunting rifle you realise you are dealing with an idiot.
I guess in the USA freedom comes more naturally to most sensible folks, where as over here freedom is nothing more than a distant memory.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

There is a 'wholesale-price' gun dealer near me who sells so much volume there is ALWAYS at least one person filling out a 4473 whenever I visit. They sell cases of ammo at 'AmmoSeek.com' prices.

I like seeing all the good-ol-boys come out with so much ammo they have to bring wife and kids to carry it all... 8)

Some are dudes who look scruffy, and maybe won't do the best things, but no matter how many of them get guns and ammo, it is WAY BETTER than having a disarmed citizenry, and an armed guvmint.....an average of 4,000 or more innocent citizens have been murdered DAILY by their own police and military, over the past 150 years, so I think it is fair to say a disarmed citizenry is more in danger from their own government than an armed citizenry is from criminals and terrorists taking advantage of so-called "easy access"... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Over here it seems that we have always had two sorts of gun owners, the rich, who buy expensive shotguns and rifles and pay a lot of money for their sport , the other type of gun owner is the working guy who buys a cheap foreign gun and gets his sport for free by befriending farmers and gamekeepers .
Nowadays with folks having more money and leisure time a few have taken up shooting, clays mainly I suppose although deer stalking and target shooting seem popular too.
The laws however are just as restrictive and as I said before, the Brits ( even gun dealers ) seem to enjoy making already Draconian laws even more stupid by not only following them to the letter but adding more BS that not even the government has thought up.
Misinformation on gun ownership is rife, people get their knickers in a twist when they see a youngster legally shooting an air rifle and will often call the police, who often have little knowledge of the firearm laws and ridiculous situations then arise.
The frequent encounters I have with members of the public and police are enough to make me give up owning a gun but I've always been bloody minded and a rebel so I'll continue to use what little bit of freedom I still have.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Interesting perspective.......I wish I could add to the intelligent conversation but I've been set back a pace or two so I'll put it in common laymans terms. Everyone knows I have plenty of guns as do most of my neighbors...(have guns)........I've had people tell me that a few of my neighbors and I are quietly known as the "Thornton Militia". Though we are getting built up around here you can always hear a few shots popping off.

I prefer people knowing I have LOTS of guns. You guys don't see me hiding anything here on a public forum. Another thing you don't see.....in 42 years I can honestly say I have never heard of a burglary within a half mile of where I live.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

living in California is rapidly becoming a nightmare for firearms owners with the current legislature we have. :(

we soon not be able to: purchase ammo thru the mail or over the internet, you must get a permit to purchase ammo, you may purchase only 1 (one) firearm per month, possess a detachable magazine that will hold more than 10 rounds and have to register AR's and AK's as "Assault weapons", and if you have a registered "assault weapon" you may NOT sell, transfer, loan or trade (and that includes giving it to a son or daughter by way of inheritance) it must be disposed of out of state or surrendered to law enforcement.

this is just a few of the laws that have been passed recently; that does NOT include the many that were proposed.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

donw wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:49 pm living in California is rapidly becoming a nightmare for firearms owners with the current legislature we have. :(

we soon not be able to: purchase ammo thru the mail or over the internet, you must get a permit to purchase ammo, you may purchase only 1 (one) firearm per month, possess a detachable magazine that will hold more than 10 rounds and have to register AR's and AK's as "Assault weapons", and if you have a registered "assault weapon" you may NOT sell, transfer, loan or trade (and that includes giving it to a son or daughter by way of inheritance) it must be disposed of out of state or surrendered to law enforcement.

this is just a few of the laws that have been passed recently; that does NOT include the many that were proposed.
Looks like there's good money to be made in setting up cross-border Gun Trusts where putative "residents" of NV, NM and (maybe) OR make FTF transfers...

Kind of like Brits who keep Pistols on the Continent...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

"Surrendered to law enforcement?" I have a problem with this. After 9-11, loaded up wife daughters and infant son in a Caddy back back to Texas, where I still am, living high and wide :D