Lost my last two Aunts ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Lost my last two Aunts ...

Post by J Miller »

For some months now I have been trying to my get Aunt D’s mailing address to send her a letter. I had my Aunt S’s but for some reason I didn’t have the sense of need to find or write to her.
The last time I'd written them was 2014 when I sent them each a custom made quilt. I'd lost Aunt D's address in the last move.

My cousin C has a Face Book account and we tried several times to get him to give us that info. He told us the last he heard was his sister had put Aunt D in an assisted living home, and that they were on the outs with each other. We tried again hoping he would make an effort to contact her, but he bit our heads off and unfriended us.

So we tried the back door approach. We found cousin J’s daughter on FB and PM’d her. She is also estranged from J (this is a screwed up family) but she gave us contact info to her brother L. We emailed him this afternoon and he forwarded the email to cousin J. She responded just a little bit ago;

Aunt S died March of 2016 and Aunt D died January of this year. I’m in pain right now cos no matter how goofy or weird they were, they were all I had left.

We are pretty sure Genies youngest son J knew of this and didn’t tell us. If so, and I find this out, he will be forever on my stuff list.

At any rate my brother and I are now officially the oldest generation of our family. :cry:
That SUCKS! And for what it’s worth, I have no family reason to go back to Arizona :( .

Now to get through another kick in the gut.

Joe and Genie
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Lost my last two Aunts ...

Post by Blaine »

Sorry for your loss....Prayers.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Sorry for the loss, you can pick your friends, not your relatives.
It is not the critic who counts
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My condolences on your loss Joe.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that is a shame. When my grandmother passed, my mom was exec of her will. By the time mom got to Alpine County, CA there was stuff missing from the house. All said and done the family now has lots of friction. Family can be a real PITA !
Your cousin probably thinks you are after money from the will.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hang in there dude; you've got young kids you can be a positive influence on all around if you look. 4H, Scouts, relalatives, friends. You know about lots of stuff like leverguns, history, sewing machines, and things you can show and teach - especially the young'uns need it.

Somebody has to teach them how to do something other than watch television (or facebook) all day while pigging out on junk food. I swear that's all kids seem to do anymore...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thoughts and prayers for ya Joe.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hang in there Joe. Prayers for comfort sent. They will continue for a while.

Maybe you can take some comfort in knowing that the members here on Leverguns care for you like family. With some of my family members, the members here care more and are better to talk to about problems.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry Joe. That sure stinks. Prayers up for you and your family.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Both Aunts were 90 + years old and their passing was no surprise. What hurt was the convoluted way we had to find out about it.
We are trying to establish some communication with their kids just for because. Hopefully they'll talk with us at least a bit.

Thanks for all the care and prayers.

Joe & Elaine
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:| :| Sadly my personal experience is that once you have moved away from the Tribal HQ, you are left out of the loop and all decision making processes...One must keep in constant contact to keep lines of communication open.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:05 pm :| :| Sadly my personal experience is that once you have moved away from the Tribal HQ, you are left out of the loop and all decision making processes...One must keep in constant contact to keep lines of communication open.
I think you are so very right. When you add to that the fact I am a lousy letter writer, always going to, but never get round to it, it makes matters worse.

We finally got ahold of youngest stepson and he said he did not know of this. If he was being truthful then there was nobody else with our contact into to tell us. Nuf said I guess.

Thanks guys

Joe
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Condolences Joe.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!