June 6th 1944

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

June 6th 1944

Post by Blaine »

Sad that there was nothing in the papers today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: June 6th 1944

Post by gamekeeper »

We have had quite a few TV programmes on D Day.

LEAST WE FORGET.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thank you to my Uncle Paul. 29th Infantry Division, 116th Regiment, Company F. He lost a lot of brothers-in-arms that day. Fortunately he made it off the beach, through to the war's end, and is still with us (at 94 years old). Here is a YouTube video of him from a few years ago discussing his experiences...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBwQWvrA7I

This was from the Patriot Digest today:

Honoring the Heroes of D-Day
Today is the anniversary of D-Day. On this day in 1944, Supreme Allied Commander General Dwight Eisenhower issued this charge: "You are about to embark upon a great crusade. ... The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of Liberty loving people everywhere march with you. ... You will bring about ... the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe. ... Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, he will fight savagely. ... And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

More than 160,000 troops landed on a 50-mile stretch of heavily fortified beaches along the Normandy coast of France in what was the largest invasion force in history, involving more than 5,000 ships and 13,000 aircraft. Some 9,000 Allied soldiers were killed or wounded that day. We owe these Patriots and generations of others an enormous debt of gratitude, and we owe them our steadfast devotion to Liberty over tyranny in our own day, so that the gift of Liberty may be extended to the next generation.

Blaine - thanks for posting!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I found only one show on TV. It's about Operation Tiger the ill fated rehearsal where several hundred soldiers and sailors died. Movie wise the closest I came was Pork Chop Hill.

I think the PC police are out in force trying to make Americans forget. Fortunately their are many families like mine with a strong military history that will not.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I wouldn't be surprised that there was nothing in the media Blaine, not where you live.

My father was there, he was a Merchant Marine. Not the "Armed Services" you know. Though he did have three ships shot out from under him.

Cat