We Had A Classic Lunch, Today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

We Had A Classic Lunch, Today.

Post by Pete44ru »

Today, we had a classic RI lunch: New York System Belly-Busters (hot wieners) all the way (mustard, onions & Greek meat sauce) & coffee milk - yummy !

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: We Had A Classic Lunch, Today.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Heh, I had one recently, too: bologna, mayo and iceberg lettuce sammiches on white Wonder Bread!
:lol:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That's funny, Bill - your combo reminds me of the first time I had a "different" sammich.

50 years ago, I went out hunting on the Fort Bragg Military Reservation in N.C. with GI co-worker from Warren, OH - who shared a bologna & green relish on white bread sammie with me.

I remember being lightly repulsed with the in-familiar combination, but since I was hungry (I forgot to bring a snack with me - doh), I tried it - IT WAS DELICIOUS !

That experience led me to later be up for trying just about anything, at least once.

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, so far 'Merican! food mentioned! I found a restaurant that offers Fried Baloney Sandwiches in Cave Junction, OR, but it's about 1 1/2 hours away. Two good ole 1/2" slices of baloney, 2,1/4" slices of tomato and onion, 2 slices good old American cheese with lettuce and mayo on white bread. Brings back memories...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 3:07 pm Yep, so far 'Merican! food mentioned! I found a restaurant that offers Fried Baloney Sandwiches in Cave Junction, OR, but it's about 1 1/2 hours away. Two good ole 1/2" slices of baloney, 2,1/4" slices of tomato and onion, 2 slices good old American cheese with lettuce and mayo on white bread. Brings back memories...
I had that sammich at that particular place. The Caves, btw, were excellent.

This morning I had fried taters, fried Spam and two over medium.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Mik: Which outfit was that? I go through Cave Junction fairly regularly. When I wanted fried bologna, I cut four slits in the edges so it wouldn't cup when cooked. Came out looking like a Maltese cross.
Did they offer you a glass of Ovaltine to go with?

Blaine: Spam is the breakfast of champions ... 8)
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

Pete,
Don't forget to sprinkle them with celery salt too! At least we do in Woonsocket when we get weiners.

Jason
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Bill, don't remember the name, but it was across the street from the Chevron gas station. Not the hotel across the hwy, but the corner on the east side of the station...

Yep 4 or five slits along the OD and a small X in the center. Ya gotta do it right ya know...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JRD wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:35 am Pete,
Don't forget to sprinkle them with celery salt too! At least we do in Woonsocket when we get weiners.

Jason

Yeah, Jason - all the various Hot Weiner eateries hereabouts, I know of, always sprinkle them with celery salt.(some cooks ask if you want it, most don't) :)

I forgot to mention the CS in my original description :oops:

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pete44ru wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 10:15 am
JRD wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:35 am Pete,

Jason

Yeah, Jason - all the various Hot Weiner eateries hereabouts, I know of, always sprinkle them with celery salt.(some cooks ask if you want it, most don't) :)

I forgot to mention the CS in my original description :oops:

"Old Bay" seasoning is heavy on the celery salt, and has other great stuff in it, too... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV