Doctors Under Siege?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Doctors Under Siege?

Post by JohndeFresno »

A doctor friend tells me he has been kicked and/or bitten by his patients more than once.

Have any of you heard similar stories?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Doctors Under Siege?

Post by jeepnik »

Happens to my vet from time to time, but not to my people doctor.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

So... There IS a conspiracy.

My friend is a vet, too.
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Dentist I went to in California suffered repeated thefts of his nitrous tanks; Doc I went to in Seattle was held up for the narcotics in his office safe.
bob
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Had a very sexually active teenage girl whose mom thought she was little miss innocent, and she came in the ER when I was chief resident. One of the second-year residents admitted her for 'PID' which stands for 'pelvic inflammatory disease'. It was her third admission with that diagnoses within a year, and my job as chief was to see if everything was done right medically.

I noticed she hadn't had a pelvic exam, which is needed to obtain proper cultures, since 'PID' is caused by either gonorrhea or chlamydia. If the mom ever figured out we were repeatedly admitting her little angel to the hospital for intra-abdominal gonorrhea, we'd better have proof...! Plus, without cultures maybe we were giving an antibiotic it was resistant to.

So....the intern told her she needed a pelvic exam, and she refused. Then the second-year tried, and she wouldn't coopeate. Of course each time there were nurses and/or the mom with the patient. They came to me, and I wasn't about to do it, so I drafted one of the female residents to examine her. (Usually it is the wild-behaved ones that create a big fuss; the good-kid ones of course need exams much less often, but when they do, they do just fine.)

The female resident wound up bitten on both arms, and one hand so severely she had to see a surgeon...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

We tend to forget that humans are animals, too. :roll:

mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

We tend to forget that humans are animals, too. :roll:
Unfortunately, with many humans, acceptable Christian civilization is a very thin veneer.

Mark
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have a torn rotator cuff from one of the patients on my unit at one of the psych hospitals where I worked. He was truly and literally hitting me with one of the psych aides who was trying to help me. But I am just a nurse!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am bit surprised. There are some real nut cases around.

I have been lucky. Never robbed. Never assaulted. I had one customer threaten to beat me up when I refused to fill his Norco 3 weeks early, but that is about all that has happened to me. I did see a big fight start in front of the registers one evening when a 20 something black woman pushed a white couple and went right to the front of the line. The white couple were in their 40s. The white man told the black woman to wait her turn. She went outside to get her boyfriend. They came back in and the boyfriend walked up and started throwing punches when the black woman said he did it. He wouldn't move for me. The boyfriend got his butt handed to him. The cops got there in time to stop the riot caused by a black man getting his butt beaten by a white man twice his age. The techs were hiding in the floor. I made the 911 call.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost