So, Who's cooking what today?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

So, Who's cooking what today?

Post by jeepnik »

Just put yams on the grill, to be followed by beef ribs. What are you all cooking up today?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: So, Who's cooking what today?

Post by vancelw »

Absolutely nothing.
I cooked a pork roast complete with potatoes and carrots. (forgot the onions :oops: ) on Wednesday.
Wife and I finally finished it up today.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Made this tripod this morning so had to try it out, making stroganoff. :D

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I think I may build something like that. Thanks for posting the pictures.
I have a fire pit/grill made out of a 42" wheel and stainless steel mesh for the cooktop. I've been wanting to add a rod to suspend cooking pots. I can just make one of those big enough to set over the whole thing and remove it when I don't need it. And fix it to where it will fold up.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

My dog Smoke & I shared a small piece of backstrap which was shot last fall with one of RD's designed bullets. I also baked a very large potato. Smoke didn't get a very big share of the meat but he didn't seem to notice. Talk about a tender piece of meat, this really was and delicious too. Now I'm hoping that I have enough venison left which would only require one this coming season.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

That stroganoff looks gooooood and I ain't even hungry!! :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

We just got done with a 8lb roasting chicken, cooked it on the old fashioned Weber Charcoal grill....mashed taters, steamed broccoli and Mommas Homemade Banana nut cake. The Grandkids ran around like they were wild all day, My Son and I fixed a 2 cycle engine . it rained All day but a Great Day To be Poppa ......... :D .
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Our daughter from Yuma is here for a while and our son came with one of his boys and stayed a couple of days. We have been cooking a lot of good food or a few days. Today we put some chicken on the grill and a big slab of fajita meat from the Mexican store, all real good eatin.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Being Polish, we made & baked a batch of Golumpki (rolled cabbage leaves stuffed with rice & ground meat - venison today), complete with a sweet & sour sauce.

I boil the leaves before letting them cool a bit, then drop a huge spoonful of the rice/ground meat mixture on each leaf, roll it, them pack 'em in a baking dish.

After almost 2hrs in a 350-degree oven, the finished dish tastes like candy...... :mrgreen:

Image Image

They taste especially good when washed down with a beer..... ;)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pork chops
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Had a rack of babybacks with a dry rub on then for the last.36 hours. 5 hours in the smoker with a pan of Apple juice in there with them.hhhmm. Big baked potato, and a salad. With enough for lunch tomorrow, and another.meal during the week.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Pete44ru wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm .

Being Polish, we made & baked a batch of Golumpki (rolled cabbage leaves stuffed with rice & ground meat - venison today), complete with a sweet & sour sauce.

I boil the leaves before letting them cool a bit, then drop a huge spoonful of the rice/ground meat mixture on each leaf, roll it, them pack 'em in a baking dish.

After almost 2hrs in a 350-degree oven, the finished dish tastes like candy...... :mrgreen:

Image Image

They taste especially good when washed down with a beer..... ;)

I could overdose on those; and throw in a side of pierogies and I'm wasted for a day. Stuffed cabbage was standard wedding reception fare where I came from in Youngstown, Ohio.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This was Sat., chicken on the grill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Pitchy wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 pm Made this tripod this morning so had to try it out, making stroganoff. :D

Love that height adjustment Lenn. I have one like that somewhere we used to use for cooking fish when we were gigging.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I'm hungry, rainy and gray here, think I'm gonna go have a subway. Really hungry after seeing these posts!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!