Uberti to be making a Model 1886 clone?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Uberti to be making a Model 1886 clone?

Post by kaschi »

This past weekend I heard that Uberti is supposed to make a Winchester 1886 clone. Anyone have info about it?
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti to be making a Model 1886 clone?

Post by crs »

do a Google search on Uberti 1886 and see the hits you get.
Here is one:
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/01/uberti ... z4gaWKhkD9
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

If it looks like the one in the link, they have a winner! Hope they offer other barrel variations too!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Boy, that is a nice one. I too hope there are other barrel length, straight stocked versions and other caliber choices.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Yeah, for nearly $2000 a pop they better be "nice".

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

These are the same guns currently being made by pedersoli as both UBerti and Pedersoli are basically the same company.If you check out the Pedersoli web site you will see these two guns listed
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

They are not the same company though, Uberti is owned by Benelli and Beretta. Pedersoli is owned by the Pedersoli family, and they both have their own factories. But they do have a relationship in the past, Uberti does buy barrels off Pedersoli for some products. I find it curious that they are both listing the same rifle, perhaps they partnered up on this one.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

barbarossa wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 5:18 am These are the same guns currently being made by pedersoli as both UBerti and Pedersoli are basically the same company.If you check out the Pedersoli web site you will see these two guns listed
They do have a close working relationship, and Uberti occasionally buys barrels, or parts from Pedersoli. But totally separate ownership.

Considering beater 1886's are going $2k and above, I don't think the $2k price for a great looking clone is bad. I'd love to see 30" half octagon or full octagon barrels!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Hungarian
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hungarian »

Those two rifles shown sure are beautiful.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I bet that the new Uberti rifles are made by Pedersoli. Pedersoli came out with the long barreled version last fall and announced the "Hunter Lite" soon after. I have an 86/71 and really like it. No added safety's , a great trigger pull and a totally free floating firing pin. The decent recoil pad and straight stock make heavy loads a lot less ugly to shoot.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I did a youtube search by typing in "Uberti 1886" and found this one minute clip. It's unfortunately in Italian which I don't understand but partway through it, I hear the guy say "Pedersoli". Have a look and see what you think. If nothing else you will get an up close view of these rifles.
On www.youtube.com type in this search: Carabina a leva Uberti 1886: Sporting e Hunter Lite.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Another option is a pre safety, pre lawyer trigger Browning clone on the used market. Got an 86SRC. Excellent quality, great gun.