Went Shootin' With Griff Today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Went Shootin' With Griff Today

Post by Sixgun »

Good ole Griff PM's me and tells me he is holed up in Gap, Pa......about 25 miles from me. I tell him I'll be up to pick him up and do some shooting at the world famous Atglen Gun Club. After going through 3 gates of security and getting fingerprinted we wind up on the upper 500 meter range where we proceeded to send a fair amount of lead down range. I called ahead to tell the management to send anybody that was using the range to go home and we had the range to ourselves. (It was raining slightly and no one else showed up)

Well, we went through a couple of hundred rounds through the Model A Uzi, and a box of each or so from the 1878 Colt in 45, single action Colt in 38-40, 1873 Winchester in 44 and the first gen Colt slip gun in 45 which most likely was the one Elmer Keith talked about in his book "Sixguns". I also had a phantom AR-15 along but I'll let Griff talk about that one.

Whenever I bring a newby to the club, I pull out my carry gun....2" double action only 642 Smith 38 Spl and say to the guy, "Let
me see what you can do with this on the 6" 100 meter steel plate." This gives me an excellent idea how well someone can shoot. Well, Griff shoots 10 rounds and never missed the plate by more than a foot....yea, he can shoot.

This is Griff standing in front of the Black Rose...still sleeping. :D

Griff zeroing in on the 100 meter plate with the single action Colt.

Griff with the 1873 and the Uzi....funny thing, Griff offered to put the rifles in their cases upon completion of our day. I just got home and found the case that used to hold the 1873 filled with rocks. :D Thanks buddy, I had a blast today.

Model A Uzi’s
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went Shootin' With Griff Today

Post by Pitchy »

So there`s the ole Griff 8) nothing like Harley`s , trucks and shootin. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Dang, that would have been awesome to have been able to tag along!!
I've had the privilege to hang out with Griff, I would have never guessed he was capable of filling your gun case with rocks
& making off with that dandy 73

Brad
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Maybe there was a little "bull shooting" going on also with you two rascals together.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, I tell you guys, this Griff guy is good. He even tricked me into giving him the rocks...said he needed them to stop the shooting bench from rocking. :D On top of all that, I also noticed my 45 Colt brass is gone.

On a serious note every gun he picked up he did excellent with.....6 guns.......-6
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yeah, t'was all lies! First off it were "I" who went shootin' with Sixgun. His Jeep. I was just a passenger! Then... I never missed by more than a foot! And it wasn't the 1873 case that had rocks in it. That's ol Sixgun's noggin'! Shows up with an case full of full AR mags... but no AR! Good thing he brought some others out... otherwise the day would just have been a tour of the range.

That slip gun is a handful with 45 Colt loads! Quite the muzzle flip! I think that outta 50 rounds I hit that gong exactly ONCE! Nice sights tho'! The 1877 and it's bird's head grip was also more than I cared for! That 1st gen Colt was SUPER! Except for that little bend in the front sight. (Just what'd you drop that gun on, Sixgun)?

Yep, if you note, I'm holdin' that 1873 out further than the Uzi and tellin' Sixgun, "...I'll take this one." Is there any wonder when he sez, "...sure, take it," it'd end up with me? Then he goes and shows off, but snapping off a shot at that 100 meter gong... AND hitting it!

Ol' Sixgun put about 50 clay birds out on the 50 & 77 meter lines and we banged away at 'em... I got my revenge for that 100 meter shot by breakin' those clay birds with the 9mm Uzi, while he was trying to hit 'em with his M&P pistol. (That is what that plastic thing was, right)?

And Six, I wasn't still sleeping... I was trying to burp! :P :P :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Well, I reckon ya'll did have a fine time of it after all.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:D :D :D :) well now, what great day for you fellows. Griff is probably just taking your 45 Colt brass to clean it for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff.....looked what Old Savage posted! Ha! O.S. ....Griff and I were talking about you today...you know.....you have some of the finest filet mignon in the country out your way. :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well man! Looks like quite a time boys! Wish Ida been there with you guys!
Hey Griff, all them shootin irons had a LOT more finish on them till about a month ago. I rubbed it all off fondling em all when I visited ole Six. :D
I really thought when he saw I brought my pickup he would get the hint and help me load a few up. :D
I see you showed up with even more cargo room. Still didn't get the hint? :D

Glad you guys had fun! Have a safe trip home Griff.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.