Big trouble for Wyoming deer herd

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Big trouble for Wyoming deer herd

Post by jnyork »

Had a very bad winter in the Western part of the state, almost no deer left in certain areas. Lengthy article here: http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/c ... f349b.html
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Big trouble for Wyoming deer herd

Post by GunnyMack »

Here in the NE in '14 and again in '15 we had 2 hard winters, we lost quite a few deer, hard crust on top of a lot of snow, deer would get stuck on the roads and were dead all over the place. Then we had very low fawn counts, I think the doe's were aborting them since food was very scarce.
What upsets me most is I lost my pet doe, Scabby. She was hit by a car and showed up with road rash and I kept feeding her, eventually she would walk up to me, eat from my hand, even come up on the deck and look in the door.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Big trouble for Wyoming deer herd

Post by AJMD429 »

They'll be back, but hopefully folks won't start feedlots for them (spreads too many diseases), or worse yet - fenced-in areas to 'hunt' like is happening in Indiana.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "