Guns & Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Guns & Ammo

Post by GunnyMack »

New issue of Guns & Ammo just arrived. Ruger American in 450 Bushmaster. Accuracy report has confirmed my findings out of AR platform- EXTREMELY accurate cartridge!
I started reloading for mine, each and every combo I tried was very accurate, next time I go to Colorado to elk hunt I'm taking it along.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Guns & Ammo

Post by dgr416 »

Starlings is making brass for it which is awesome I.don't like hornady brass .You can load it in the Ruger American to the length of the magazine for more powder space .They are making 22 inch guns for some place out of Michigan .I.like this cartridge always also .Realigned.com has a awesome write-up on the Ruger American 450 bushmaster.The 16 inch barrel rifle is super light and alot better than carrying a pistol such.as the ,460 s&w .I want to try the 450 bushmaster on black bears where I live !
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dgr416 »

Starline is the one making 450 bushmaster brass crazy phone .They have some of the best brass mAde !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That would surely be one of the best bear rifles ever made. I'll bet Ruger sells these by the truckload in Alaska. That Barnes bullet will perform!

http://www.realguns.com/articles/883.htm

http://www.realguns.com/articles/884.htm
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

By the way, just e-mailed Starline to ask when their .450 Bushmaster brass will be available. Will let y'all know what I hear.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

From Starline:

Bill
The 450 Bushmaster cases are out for testing right now so please check back in about 2 to 3 weeks and we should have a date.

Thank you
Debbie Customer Service
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd take a hundred!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm a 50 Beowulf fan - shares bullets (and ballistics) with my 500 S&W, but I think any of the short/fat AR-15 rounds seem to make reliable, accurate, powerful 'thumpers'. I need to shoot mine more. (I could say that about several of my firearms - < sigh > )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard Ruger is selling them like gangbusters. The idea was they could be used in the states that require a straight walled cartridge for deer hunting.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.