Pedersoli 86 sporter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Pedersoli 86 sporter

Post by barbarossa »

Has anyone any experience with one of these.(not one of the earlier 71/86 models a)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Pedersoli 86 sporter

Post by gamekeeper »

BTT.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I would like to hear as well....
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I hadn't visited the Pedersoli site in long while and didn't know they were offering an 1886 version. That's certainly a more shapely lever. I wonder if the locking lugs are of the 86 or the 71 style. I didn't make out the "hammer safety" mentioned in the video.

The Hunter Light is interesting, but their claim "reducing the weight to only 3.5 kilos (7.11lbs)" contains an error: Is it 7.7 lb or 7.1 lb? (I think the 7.11 is the typo.) Also, it's curious they chose to keep the older 38" twist for the .444 Marlin.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I believe the hammer safety mentioned in the video is the half cock position.The gun is also drilled and tapped for a williams type reciever sight and a bolt peep sight as well
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I believe the hammer safety mentioned in the video is the half cock position.
Ah, of course: That the fellow's English isn't the best should have been my clue, and I did notice several other non-standard word choices in his descriptions.

Pedersoli's reputation is decent overall, and I hope this gun sells well for them.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

KWK wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:59 pmPedersoli's reputation is decent overall...
Looking around the web, it seems their 86/71 doesn't have the same reputation as their single shots. It will be interesting to see if this 1886 is merely a cosmetic variant of the earlier design.
jmiller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jmiller »

I didn't know they had a purely 86 model out. I had two of the 71/86 models and both were junk. I got a full refund on both and it was a relief to get rid of them. Pedersoli has extremely poor customer service and getting those guns fixed wasn't even possible. I contacted Turnbull to see if they would work on them and they said no, they had a couple of them to customize and had the same problems I was having. Thank God for Cabela's great customer service and backing on those guns. They took them back and I got my money back. I've owned several of Pedersoli's Sharps rifles and they were first rate. They shot great and never had a problem with them. They dropped the ball on the 71/86 and their reputation on their pump rifle is pretty poor also. I think they make a decent single shot and that's where it ends for them. Just my two cents....
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The 26" ones are out but I haven't seen the Light weight version yet. I have the 86/71 and mine is fine. on Castboolets one of the members from the land down under posted about shooting His with the 26" barrel . great 10 shot group.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... 6-in-45-70
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I had wanted one of their 444 Marlin versions then started hearing the horror stories. Figured it might be better to wait until they get things straighted out.