IMGUR Replaces SLOOOW Photobucket

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

IMGUR Replaces SLOOOW Photobucket

Post by JohndeFresno »

It isn't just me. I have seen many other posts on the Internet. Photobucket has outlived its usefulness. Rest in Peace, old friend.

I have left all of my previous photos there, 99% of which are posting images onto this site. But my new posts will be from IMGR (http://www.imgur.com).

As with Photobucket, membership and posting to IMGUR is free.

You just sign up. It allows you to use your Google or other identities for log-in, but I prefer the other option of just using my e-mail address and a separate password, for a variety of reasons.

Then, you need to open up at leas one "Album" so that when you upload a photo or image, you can then use the online editor to share it as a live IMG link to this website.

My first link was for the Grease Gun coupling for Zerks thread and there was no problem.

Like the good old days with early Photobucket, the log-in and uploading of the image was speedy and problem free.

I have heard of other sites like Flikr that work similarly, but I found this site; it worked; so I have looked no further.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: IMGR Replaces SLOOOW Photobucket

Post by Bill in Oregon »

John, Photobucket has been driving me crazy, too. I'd love an easy way to transfer some of my images, but easy and Photobucket don't go together.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Bill in Oregon wrote:John, Photobucket has been driving me crazy, too. I'd love an easy way to transfer some of my images, but easy and Photobucket don't go together.
Not anymore. When they changed to their new interface (was it last year?), for some reason things went downhill.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Bill in Oregon wrote:John, Photobucket has been driving me crazy, too. I'd love an easy way to transfer some of my images, but easy and Photobucket don't go together.
Not anymore. When they changed to their new interface (was it last year?), for some reason things went downhill.
Thanks for the plug. I'm going to go look...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've never had anything on PB...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

For years I used Hunt101 with no issues whatsoever......then about a year ago you had to be a computer engineer in order to organize, whatever. It got to be so much aggravation I went to Photobucket and yea, these crazy lottery wheels started spinning and other pop up stuff, along with ads that claimed, "for a dollar a month, go ad free".

It all stopped after a couple of weeks and seems to be ok now. -----6
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd be happy to pay for the ad-free version of Photobucket IF the site actually functioned without bugs and glitches and delays and problems, and if it allowed you to link or point to photo files so you could organize them without having to repost everything on every website that ever linked to the original photo... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sixgun wrote:For years I used Hunt101 with no issues whatsoever......then about a year ago you had to be a computer engineer in order to organize, whatever. It got to be so much aggravation I went to Photobucket and yea, these crazy lottery wheels started spinning and other pop up stuff, along with ads that claimed, "for a dollar a month, go ad free".

The site mentioned won`t work for me, page opens with two guys on it but that`s it.
I`m with you Six, I hated PB last couple years but as suggested by someone here paid the small fee now it works faster and add free so for now I`m happy. :)
The thing I don`t like is finding pics from way back and ya can only move three pages at a time but I never labled anything either so my fault.
They used to have a show all feature but that`s gone.
Oh what the heck time for another rum and coke. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Pitchy wrote:
Sixgun wrote:For years I used Hunt101 with no issues whatsoever......then about a year ago you had to be a computer engineer in order to organize, whatever. It got to be so much aggravation I went to Photobucket and yea, these crazy lottery wheels started spinning and other pop up stuff, along with ads that claimed, "for a dollar a month, go ad free".

The site mentioned won`t work for me, page opens with two guys on it but that`s it.
I`m with you Six, I hated PB last couple years but as suggested by someone here paid the small fee now it works faster and add free so for now I`m happy. :)
The thing I don`t like is finding pics from way back and ya can only move three pages at a time but I never labled anything either so my fault.
They used to have a show all feature but that`s gone.
Oh what the heck time for another rum and coke. :lol:

Pitchy,

I think it should be imgur instead of imgr.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

soon 2 retire wrote: Pitchy,
I think it should be imgur instead of imgr.
Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Yup - you are right. Correcting my post. Thanks! - JdeF
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: IMGUR Replaces SLOOOW Photobucket

Post by Pitchy »

Yep got on now, thanks. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I also used Hunt101 and later Photobucket. Hunt101 was great, but last year it went crazy with any image I uploaded being 4x larger than my computer screen! Couldn't figure out a fix. PB has always been a bit labored and time consuming, and in the last year nearly impossible to deal with!
Really appreciate the Imgur link, as I'll try it and see if it's better than the other two options.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Bill in Oregon wrote:
John, Photobucket has been driving me crazy, too.

I'd love an easy way to transfer some of my images, but easy and Photobucket don't go together.

Sloooow for me, three !

IMO, PB makes it difficult/impossible to transfer pics out to elsewhere, to retain "customer", free or not.

I've been using www.imgur.com for about the past 12mos and, once I learned it's sizing tricks, have nothing but good things to say about the site.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Just opened an account and loaded a couple pictures. Amazing how fast they upload! Love it! Did take a little to edit and crop images to fit under the forum settings.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote:I also used Hunt101 and later Photobucket. Hunt101 was great, but last year it went crazy with any image I uploaded being 4x larger than my computer screen! Couldn't figure out a fix.
That was my problem.....huge pictures......I did find that by deleting some of my old pictures worked for a while but the huge pictures continued...so......sayonara----6
Model A Uzi’s
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

JohndeFresno wrote:It isn't just me. I have seen many other posts on the Internet. Photobucket has outlived its usefulness. Rest in Peace, old friend.

I have left all of my previous photos there, 99% of which are posting images onto this site. But my new posts will be from IMGR (http://www.imgur.com).

As with Photobucket, membership and posting to IMGUR is free.

You just sign up. It allows you to use your Google or other identities for log-in, but I prefer the other option of just using my e-mail address and a separate password, for a variety of reasons.

Then, you need to open up at leas one "Album" so that when you upload a photo or image, you can then use the online editor to share it as a live IMG link to this website.

My first link was for the Grease Gun coupling for Zerks thread and there was no problem.

Like the good old days with early Photobucket, the log-in and uploading of the image was speedy and problem free.

I have heard of other sites like Flikr that work similarly, but I found this site; it worked; so I have looked no further.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

marlinman93 wrote:
Just opened an account and loaded a couple pictures.!

Did take a little to edit and crop images to fit under the forum settings.

No need to edit/crop on imgur- just isolate the pic you want to post by double-clicking on it, then simply select "large thumbnail" (or smaller) from the menu located at the bottom of the stacked urls, along the RH side of the isolated pic.

After the selected size "illuminates", I just copy/paste the "direct link" that's located higher on the same menu.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pete44ru wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:
Just opened an account and loaded a couple pictures.!

Did take a little to edit and crop images to fit under the forum settings.

No need to edit/crop on imgur- just isolate the pic you want to post by double-clicking on it, then simply select "large thumbnail" (or smaller) from the menu located at the bottom of the stacked urls, along the RH side of the isolated pic.

After the selected size "illuminates", I just copy/paste the "direct link" that's located higher on the same menu.

Thanks Pete!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It appears there is no way to post from the Android app on on a phone.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've been loading pictures and using Imgur for a few days now, and absolutely love how fast and easy it is! I found the "large thumbnail" is the best to give a good size picture to post, and not be too large. This is the "large" format link picture of my Creedmoor project rifle: