The Budweiser Ad

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

The Budweiser Ad

Post by Blaine »

It seems to have riled up lots of conservative folks. Now, I won't drink that swill, but I watched the ad, and all I saw was a person legally immigrating to America. All his paperwork in order. Looking for work. That's pretty much the story of almost all our forefathers.
(I would have added Terrorist need not apply :evil: )
I'm just not seeing what I should be concerned about. 8)

(BTW, over in Europe, I had the original Budvar Brewery (Budějovický Budvar) beer. THAT is wonderful stuff, not like the watered-down "pelosi" they sell over here)
Last edited by Blaine on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: The Budweiser Ad

Post by AJMD429 »

I feel kind of the same way about the Starbucks thing. I don't particularly like Starbucks' political philosophy, and I really don't particularly like overpriced coffee, but if they want to hire legal immigrants or legal refugees I don't really have a problem with that. My only issue would be if they can't speak or and understand English well enough they should not be in a customer-interacting position.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Starbucks SHOULD be hiring those in this country that are out of work, been out of work, before they hire immigrants! Of course there lies the problem, our out of work won't make coffee because it's not $75,000 a year pay check!

Just my opinion, Starbucks tastes like paint thinner!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote:Starbucks SHOULD be hiring those in this country that are out of work, been out of work, before they hire immigrants! Of course there lies the problem, our out of work won't make coffee because it's not $75,000 a year pay check!

It tastes burnt....Besides, owner Schultz is a Seattle Snowflake.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote:Starbucks SHOULD be hiring those in this country that are out of work, been out of work, before they hire immigrants! Of course there lies the problem, our out of work won't make coffee because it's not $75,000 a year pay check!

yeah to both. there are ninety-five MILLION American Americans who are out of work. hire American-Americans FIRST, 'cause they've been waiting longest.

and their coffee is swill. and mine is better.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Might as well stick with the paint thinner, it's cheaper! :P
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Big fan of legal immigration.

We are a nation of (legal for the era) Immigrants... who wanted to integrate. Hell, I remember the "Schoolhouse Rock" vids about "the American Melting Pot" - which is now considered to be reactionary and "raysiss".

We want and need the best of the best from all over the world.

We are compassionate enough to accept the worst of the downtrodden.

But in no sense should we accept anyone of Fighting Age from anywhere that is suffering from oppression.

We should be giving them a tank or three and sending them back to deal with their own mess.

It makes liberals crazy, but I tell them - "If Trump is "literally Hitler", and starts acting like it, I will NEVER be a "refugee". I will fight until I die or win. If you won't, what's your beef?

It shuts tem right the ... pelosi... up.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:But in no sense should we accept anyone of Fighting Age from anywhere that is suffering from oppression.

We should be giving them a tank or three and sending them back to deal with their own mess.
Yep. That's what Lysander Spooner said about slavery in the Confederacy. I agree wholeheartedly - fix the problem, not the symptom....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AJMD429 wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:But in no sense should we accept anyone of Fighting Age from anywhere that is suffering from oppression.

Yep. That's what Lysander Spooner said about slavery in the Confederacy. I agree wholeheartedly - fix the problem, not the symptom....!
LS should have been POTUS...

Alas, Statism won out.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We forget Bud was SOLD years ago, that would explain the libatard leaning.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Oldnewagain
Levergunner

Post by Oldnewagain »

I wonder how many people have seen this ad because of the news media that would never have watched it on the super bowl . I don't think it was actually controversial as much as the Media wants it to be seen .i look at it like this ,you see that German fellow came here against the odds and done alright for himself . Now quit your gripping pull up your pants ,roll up your sleeves and go to work and if ya try real hard you might leave something for your grand kids to fight over .
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Oldnewagain wrote:I wonder how many people have seen this ad because of the news media that would never have watched it on the super bowl . I don't think it was actually controversial as much as the Media wants it to be seen .i look at it like this ,you see that German fellow came here against the odds and done alright for himself . Now quit your gripping pull up your pants ,roll up your sleeves and go to work and if ya try real hard you might leave something for your grand kids to fight over .
Yep....Media decided what it meant, and wrote it up that way....I thought it was a very American ad.... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Blaine,
I also found many tasty beers in England and Europe - also Australia and NZ.

My all time favorite was from England but not available in the US. The closest to it is Shiner Bock which is made in Shiner Texas. :)

PS - never was a Bud fan nor a Starbucks fan.
We buy coffee from Sam's Club and brew our own.
For some reason my daughter gives me a couple of packs of Starbuck in my Christmas stocking every year. Of course she does not drink coffee and has no idea what to buy! :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

crs wrote:

My all time favorite was from England but not available in the US. The closest to it is Shiner Bock which is made in Shiner Texas. :)
Yep, Shiner's very good. If you visit Colorado, try Colorado Native (you can only get it here), it tastes similar to Shiner to me.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I don't drink so no issue with Bud. I have been in a Starbucks exactly twice in my 70 years and one of those times was to pick up a gift card for my wife to give to a friend. I never lost anything there that I need to go back to look for.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I read an article on line (so it's validity is automatically questionable) that the only "facts" about that commercial that are true are Busch did travel to America. Busch did land in New Orleans. Bush did travel to St. Louis. All the rest is fiction. Poor immigrant? Nope, he was from a well to do family. Hard times getting to St. Louis? Nope, no stormy raft ride, no black friend named Jim. Welcomed in St. Louis? Nope, St. Louis has a large German community and Bush fit right in. Couple other fantasies but I can't remember them right now... :oops:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...