New Blood Introduced in the World of Pocket Pistols

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

New Blood Introduced in the World of Pocket Pistols

Post by Pete44ru »

The Spectrum .380 ( https://www.taurusspectrum.com/ )

(there's a video in the link that shows a blued version)

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Blood Introduced in the World of Pocket Pistols

Post by M. M. Wright »

I saw the ad for that in the new Rifleman that came yesterday. Looks interesting.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I guess I'm biased against Taurus. They just seem to break all too often. Good thing for their lifetime warranty.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not sure I like the turquoise...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I'd better not let the wife see this one. She's only semi in love with the Glock 42. She sees this and I'll be buying another handgun. Oh wait, the wife wants me to buy a new gun? What was I thinking, I'm going to show her this when she gets home from work. :mrgreen:

By the way, her carry piece has been, for several decades a Taurus model 85. Can't say it's not well made as all I've ever done is clean it, and she fires it at least monthly.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

GunnyMack wrote:Not sure I like the turquoise...

Good point, and I'm glad I'm not a voice in the wilderness on this. It seems to me if you are going to carry a gun, you should have a gun that LOOKS like a gun, not a something that came out of a bubble gum machine. I know they appeal to the ladies, or, at least they appeal to the guys who are buying one FOR the ladies, which I suspect is the case most of the time. I want the bad guy to see a REAL GUN, not something that looks like a water pistol from the toy department at Walmart. :roll:

Rant mode "off" now.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Looks like they flattened out the Curve and took away the laser sight.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I do think there is a bit of an issue if a gun looks too toy-like....maybe a bit more likely to have to pull the trigger, as it may not be as 'scary' to the bad guy visually. Worse still - it could be found by a non-gun-trained kid, and they would be more likely to assume it wasn't a real gun (and that is perhaps more likely to happen with a firearm a belonging to a woman, to the extent they are probably the kid caretaker more often, and also to the extent many women carry firearms not in a holster, but in their purse instead...).

I'm NOT a fan of purse-carry.

Nor a fan of moms who let their kids dig around in Mom's purse (....usually grabbing the cell-phone to play with.... :roll: ). If any of our kids had ever just started digging around in my wife's purse, the next time they would have (literally) encountered a mouse-trap. Off Limits.

However - I really DO like the ergonomics (at least visually).....Glocks are not just too-square on the slide, but the GRIPS are also very uncomfortable to my hands; I never liked 1911 grips, until I got my 'double-wide' P-14, which has only 3/16" more girth, but the smooth rounded profile is awesome.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife saw the picture and just ............. laughed.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

My wife thnks it is cute. But, she does carry a pink Charter Arms in her purse, at home she is more logical, she has a Ruger LCR with a laser grip in her nghtstand. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

GunnyMack wrote:Not sure I like the turquoise...
Haha. Me neither. Look at a Kimber Bel Air.
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

When I saw the ad for this new offering from Taurus in the Rifleman, I admit to liking the smooth lines and wide trigger. Beyond that, I don't have much else to add, other than that I'm another one with a prejudice against Taurus products for use in life-or-death situations. Also...allow me to add...It's not my intention that a "bad guy" (or bad girl...btw) sees anything about my carry gun other than the muzzle flash.
If it's out of concealment, in sufficiently plain view for someone to be making a judgment on how "scary" it looks... it's already going off.
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Everyone laughed at pink guns. But they sure sell a bunch of them.

I've never had a Taurus break, and wife#1 saved our lives with one of their guns. It is the bullet, and where it lands, that is important. I want a blaze orange gun myself.

Lets see how they work and how they sell.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I would add that I have owned two Taurus semiautos and six Taurus revolvers and all of them functioned perfectly. The trigger-pull on one of the revolvers was stiffer than I like in double action mode, but that was my only complaint with any of them.

I like the Taurus 92 series WAY better than Beretta's 92 series, actually.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Gun Genie lists them for less than $300.00, but as usual, have none in stock. If/when they get any, they will prolly be "allocated" for a year or two...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

The ad that I saw said there are multiple colors from which to choose. I guess one of us must buy and test one to be sure. 8)

One of my "deer lease" guns id a Taurus .44 mag with 4 inch barrel and it has functioned perfectly for years. I wear it in a cross draw holster because that avoids problems getting in and out of vehicles. Cross draw also makes it easy to access and cover up.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Won't say anything about the water gun, But I will say that I carry a Taurus 431 3 inch .44spl. Been carrying it for close to five years and don't know how many Skeeter loads it has sent down range. It has a very smooth action and is real easy to keep on the center of a target for rapid fire. Oh well that's just my thoughts on the subject.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15