Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!

Post by Old No7 »

Seems like there is a lot of interest in the old S&W Schofields (by "whatever name" you might call it...) on this forum lately!

I know that I really enjoy my Uberti with the stag grips. :wink:
Schofield & Bowie (Small).jpg
Well, I just got a Sportsman's Guide sales circular and in it, I see there's a Schofield BB Gun offered for sale.

Hmmm... That just might be different enough to be worth acquiring...
Schofield BB.jpg
Over at This Link for Pyramyd Air's "Schofield" it has received a 5-star rating.

It's available in blue with brown "faux" wood or white "ivory" grips, and somewhere else last night I found another retailer who was offering it with a silver nickel finish. You might be able to shop around some to find a better price, or other options.

Here is some other info they mention about it:
* Full metal receiver with polymer faux wood (or white ivory) grips
* Gunmetal grey, 7" barrel
* Shoots at velocities up to 445 fps
* 12g CO2 powered (housed in grip)
* Authentic single action hammer
* 6 round cylinder with ejector rod (auto-ejection built into the cylinder)
* Includes 6 realistic cartridges

Another post about this I saw said the plastic cartridges were easily pushed down onto a shallow pan full of BBs to load them, rather than trying to man-handle the small BBs into the top of a cartridge. Sounds like how many of us load primers into a primer tube, so we should be able to handle that.

If I didn't have a few other gun-related bills and purchases pending, I'm pretty sure I'd have one of these coming my way to play with.

So the question is... Who wants one and will get it to issue a backyard "range report" here?!?!?!

Or... Maybe Pitchy could reverse-engineer a better one!!!

Tight groups. (Well, as tight as BBs will allow, that is...)

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Re: Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I got both (though neither have those stag grips I'm now lusting over! :wink: ).

Picked up the BB-gun version from Wally-World several months back.

More of a novelty than anything else. If you have the "real" one, it is nice to have a companion for practice indoors (at home) when it is yucky outside. Y2K loved it. I have others from the "Legends" series (Colt SAA, Colt 1911, Luger, PPK), but they tend to eat CO2 cartridges like there is no tomorrow. Still, nice for relatively cheap practice, and my thought is they would be great trainers for some future grandchildren (hopefully no sooner than a decade from now! :shock: )
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have a Luger BB gun and would swap it in a instant for that Schofield.... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I some future grandchildren (hopefully no sooner than a decade from now! :shock: )
Good luck with that! :lol:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Gall darn I`m loving those top breaks, interesting about the bb gun will check into that.
Wish I could find parts for my tight 22 supershot sealed eight, need the whole trigger assembly.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Analogous to the "Colt SAA" version, from a couple years back...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...