Got Lever ? ($320)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Got Lever ? ($320)

Post by Pete44ru »

For the adventuresome (I've heard they're pretty rough):

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +Black+Fin

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got Lever ? ($320)

Post by marlinman93 »

Yeah, for that price I'd expect they would be rough! Hopefully they function.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I found the following: 'the words “Zhang-Zhou Machine Works China” are crudely stamped on the receiver' and Century International is an importer not a manufacturer. Based on what I have read online over the years and the experiences of 2 friends that have owned "Made in China" '87s I would say they are problematic at the least and kick hard. These may be a Browning design but it wasn't his best and the originals weren't that great. They got a little upgrade in 1901 which helped some. We have a Chinese copy of a mediocre gun that is made to sell for $320 retail stateside so what does that say? I think I'll stay away from them. I did find a review and while he slams them harder than I'd slam a screen door he is probably quite near the truth.

https://zamonthly.org/2014/05/21/review ... hou-pw-87/

http://www.guns.com/review/chinas-cowboy-pw87-video/

I have a 1901 10 gauge and while it does what it should it has none of the fine points that would endear it to the shotgun fraternity and it is far in the lead for the ugliest gun I own.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Sorry for the double post, my computer has been giving me fits lately.
Last edited by Hawkeye2 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

I have an IAC copy. You gotta rack the lever back hard to get reliable feeding. other than that, a really neat gun. 8) I think that Browning designed this action back when 12 gauge shells were 2.5" instead of the modern 2.75" in length. :?:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

A few weeks ago a local pawn shop had a 10ga and 12ga Originals for $3K for the pair...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hawkeye2 wrote:I found the following: 'the words “Zhang-Zhou Machine Works China” are crudely stamped on the receiver' and Century International is an importer not a manufacturer. Based on what I have read online over the years and the experiences of 2 friends that have owned "Made in China" '87s I would say they are problematic at the least and kick hard. These may be a Browning design but it wasn't his best and the originals weren't that great. They got a little upgrade in 1901 which helped some. We have a Chinese copy of a mediocre gun that is made to sell for $320 retail stateside so what does that say? I think I'll stay away from them. I did find a review and while he slams them harder than I'd slam a screen door he is probably quite near the truthwn.
Right! Junk is junk and always will be junk ------Elmer Keith
Model A Uzi’s
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Alan in Vermont »

I had the opportunity to watch Century Arms test firing quite a few of these when they first began importing them. The action needs to be worked with "feeling" to get them to eject with any sort of reliability. I don't think any of them would eject when worked from the shoulder.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Know how I know its garbage? Century sells it.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had one, and yes they must be operated with "robust enthusiasm." Some of the CAS guys have some tweaks to make them run better.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

So, Bill - they're trying to make a silk purse ? . :mrgreen: