Many big guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Many big guns

Post by Rusty »

We all like big guns and 6 big guns is better than 1 big gun. What if those 6 big guns can fly, very, very fast?

In that case you have a P-51 named "Twilight Tear". Watch as she is re- fitted with her 6 M-2s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJ82YCiuYU
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Many big guns

Post by gamekeeper »

That's some serious firepower for the day........ 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

If you like big guns that fly, it's hard to beat an A10 Warthog.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Rusty wrote:We all like big guns and 6 big guns is better than 1 big gun. What if those 6 big guns can fly, very, very fast?

In that case you have a P-51...........
That was neat to see, thanks for sharing!

This is obviously a "staged PR photo" of a P51 Mustang being loaded...
P51 Loading WWII.jpg
...and I know that for a fact, as that's my late father standing 3rd from the right at Debden, England.

Discipline was tough in the 8th Air Force, 4th Fighter Group -- but not so tough as to line them all up in a straight line to load up...

Except when at the enlisted men's bar, that is! :wink:

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Fantastic vid - thanks for posting! :D
Merle from PA
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I liked how that recoil rocked the plane back a little each time... Thanks for posting. :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Some serious groups, too. Man, I'd hate to be in an ME 109 being chased by that thing.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago my dad and I went to the Reno air races. Now if ya like warbirds this is the place to be!
There is nothing on the planet like the roar of big radial engines at full throttle 100' off the ground goin for broke around the course!
Mustangs,Corsairs, Hawker Sea Fury's, man oh man! Then you think about the original purpose of those planes and the guys that flew em!
I got to meet and spend time with a real character, Pappy Boyington!

One morning the SR71 Blackbird did a fly by, came around again for another pass, over the field pulled back the stick hit the after burners going vertical and disappeared in less then 30 seconds!
Ok so I went OT!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Some serious groups, too. Man, I'd hate to be in an ME 109 being chased by that thing."
--Bill in OR

I would hate to be chased by a ME 109. Some of them carried 20mm guns for armament....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I used to hunt on Jefferson Proving Grounds, Madison, IN.....Pretty huge place. the center of it was impact area, and the 'Hogs would be there most Saturdays for target practice. If you got a north area assigned for hunting, you could watch them turning, and burning after their target run....really low on the deck. Man that was fun. The target sleds were about 18" thick steel. Them holes were burned straight thru...not jagged, just like a redhot nail thru butter....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

There's a guy down the road.....maybe 15 miles...who has several of these P51's.......Alexis DuPont...don't even know if I'm spelling his first name right ......in fact, he recently died......

Anyway, every year they have...or "had" ....and air show at the Toughkenamen airport.....little airport ........where these old warbirds fly......have not been there in 10 years, at least......my dad, after retiring, worked as a groundskeeper there and got to bullshytin with Alex and told him how "his son was a gun nut".....and Alex gave my dad, who gave to me, an original WW2 20mm. round .....fmj.......yea, he had the full auto gun too.....money talks... :D

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/southe ... =179618526

This is one of my most treasured rounds....(please, disregard the dust :D )-----6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

did anyone watch the approx. 17 min film of P51 gun camera footage from Europe?

it's something watching those guys bust the trains, 50 cal blowing up steam boilers. kids, eh?

I think the streams of bullets from each wing crossed each other or met together on the target.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Grizz the guns were bore sighted to hit same POI, but I remember somewhere that some pilots would have them cross.
I have seen those gun camera clips, great stuff!
The bomber crews were taught how to shoot skeet before going over seas. They learned how to lead a target.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!