Most worn 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Most worn 94

Post by Old Savage »

Let's see some pictures of some worn but functioning Model 94s.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Most worn 94

Post by 2ndovc »

My grandfather's 38-55 and Colt Official Police. Both are great shooters, I was really surprised by the .38spl.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

i guess they are all worn to a certain degree. This is my oldest and most worn, but not really worn (make sense?) being a first couple of months production gun (#2267). Just a standard 1894 F.O., F.M.,C.B. folding leaf rear, tang sight, in 32-40. Like most 32-40's I've owned, this one shoots beer cans out to 300 meters with little to no wind.----6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice, that is the oldest one I have seen. Now, among the working ones you have which shows thw most external wear?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

1926 Winchester model 94 SRC 30-30 used by 3 generation.....My great uncle, dad and me.
got it from a fella named Martin Noreika
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six I love your cartridge collection!
Think you should give us a breakdown of all the calibers you have.
I don't own any Win 94's, but I knew a guy that claimed his grandfather found a 92 in a box canyon. That gun sure was tired looking. Then like a fool he completely refinished it! That was heart breaking...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3855 »

Here's one I picked up cheap just for some action parts. After bringing it home I found I could not part it out because it just had so much character. The story on it is that is was owned by a ranch hand from a large ranch in California. He had lost his right eye and still wanting to shoot right handed, carved the stock down so he could still shoot right handed but use his left eye by laying his cheek over the top of the stock.

Not a spec of blue on this old warhorse except for the recessed loading gate, bore is also pretty tired. Makes a good wall hanger. It would be nice to hear the stories it could tell.

The 1/2 octagon barrel was cut down several inches as well. Caliber is 30 WCF. Dates to 1908.

A Winchester Collector
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK Old Savage....I see your getting a little pushy. Now you know dang well I have an image to uphold and no junk comes into the Sixgun Gunroom. But, to satisfy your curiosity I did find this in a very dark corner and I have no idea who owns it......it's definitely NOT mine. It is an early 38-55 with a FO barrel and FL mag tube. It just needs a few screws to make this baby look like new again. :D ----6

Howdy Mr.3855....it's been a while...we need some catching up to do...later on that.

Anyway, here's that beauty

And GunnyMack,
Here's some more cartridges.... about every Sharps, Winchester, Marlin, Peabody, Spencer, W.R......
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

here's my entry: a 1919 version ......
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=44206
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Count on you to have it all. You sure that works with those screws :o

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

3855, wow. Now that is one of a kind.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote:Count on you to have it all. You sure that works with those screws :o
Not with those screws....I stuck them in there to hold the hammer and lever. The gun does work but I have it apart and I really did not feel like putting it all together for the photo session. If this disqualifies me, I will respectfully accept. ----your obedient servant---6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You qualify under the Field Expediency clause.

JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Looks like someones deck is missing a few screws,nice cartridge collection you have there too.
don't see 1 of these
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

WOW Six great cartridge board!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I like those. The last 94 I bought I was really disappointed to see how nice it was when it showed up.
I was looking for something to beat up on, be mean to and neglect. It came and I thought "aw man... This is too nice!" :(
Slow is just slow.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I have an old beater 1927 model 94 that was a ranch gun in Az before I got it. It was pretty rough. The mag tube had been damaged, then cut back several inches, the front sight was a cut up dime, the magazine spring had worn through in two places and been spliced together with sewing thread (it still worked), the butt stock was so bad I threw it in the wood stove, it looked like somebody had dragged it down miles of gravel road behind a truck. I replaced it with one that somebody else was going to throw away, it had been split down the middle when a horse rolled on it I think, they epoxied and wood screwed it back together after the horse adventure. No butt plate, somebody gave me one from a BB gun that fit it, I was showing it to some friends and the guy said "wait a minute" then came back and handed me the butt plate and 2 screws, obviously much lower quality than regular gun stuff,...but it fit the inletting and screw holes perfectly, it only required a lot of grinding/filing down the edges to fit the outside of the wood. The BB gun had died years before, but he saved the butt plate off of it, thinking it may somehow be useful one day.

The bore was pitted, and shot so-so. I had the muzzle recrowned, and it shot a bit better, around 3" or 3 1/2" @ 100 yards I believe. I later found a similar barrel in better shape that had a hole near the muzzle from somebody trying to mount a ramp sight. I had that barrel cut to 16 1/2" and its now on the gun. I replaced the mag tube, spring, and a couple screws I managed to lose when soaking it. It had an ancient lyman 56 receiver sight, the first Id seen. The saddle ring hole had been filled with a black substance, that when dug out proved to be pine pitch. No idea when the lyman had been put on it, or if it was possibly factory.

The gun was so dirty inside it looked like it literally hadn't been cleaned in 50 years of hard use. It still functioned, just felt like it was full of mud or sludge. I stripped it completely down and soaked it in a barrel of carb cleaner for a month. It cleaned up OK functionally, it was nice and crisp feeling when done. 20 years ago I was thinking of restocking and refinishing it, but its been my truck and rainy weather dog walking gun for so long I hate to mess with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's a good one Malamute. I remember that picture from earlier.
I have one similar. About 25 years ago, this one was sitting in my buddies repair rack. Receiver was made in 1899. It was probably a rifle originally, but had a 20" 32WS factory replacement barrel with a ramp sight. The mag was cut to half and someone filed a groove on the receiver top for a rear sight. It had a carbine stock with a profile I've not seen before. I asked my bud what he was doing with it and he replied, "parts". I though it would make a cool trapper for my dad's birthday. We cut it to 16" and put a block front sight on, installed an old 94 saddle ring, found an old mag tube we could salvage and threw on a 66 Lyman. It looked great! Headspace was scary so we swapped bolts but the one we put in had a misaligned firing pin channel so we found another in the junk drawer. Headspace fixed, now it wouldn't feed so we found an old set of guides for it. The lifter then started to get iffy so we swapped that too. Nothing was left so it finally worked great. Strangely, it would run as it originally was with the headspaced out bolt!
Total investment was about 175 bucks. With my labor it's more like $35,000.
Happy Birthday dad.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Malamute, so other than that is it ok? :)

OldWin, another good one.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks OS. I was just over the old man's so I snapped some more pics of it. Yes, he has the identical
"Big Ole picture takin' chair" as I do. I don't recall seeing this style of carbine butt on a 94 before.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Malamute.....that's the best rescue story yet.....

You know that early Lyman 56 that's on the gun? Priced them lately? :D ---6

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Sixgun wrote:Malamute.....that's the best rescue story yet.....

You know that early Lyman 56 that's on the gun? Priced them lately? :D ---6
Yeah, sort of priced them lately, its been several years actually. I ended up buying a few for other levers. First one I think was $25 or $30, several others in the $30-$40 range, then a super clean one for my dad for $75 (Outrageous!!! :D ) , then pieced one together that needed a few parts. Funny, I looked all over creation for the parts, then found them in the junk box of the gun show guy I bought the sight from 5 years earlier. I have a base with no slide or other parts. May try making a slide.
Old Savage wrote:Malamute, so other than that is it ok? :)
Yeah, I think its going to make it now.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Here's one, pre 1900, bought it at a gun show for $200 a couple years ago. Scarcely any rifleing left. Looks like it laid in a pond for some time. A portion of the stock was rotten, but stayed in one piece. Never shot it, but it functioned fine. My son talked me out of it. Image
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Les,
I believe your the winner so far...well, toss up between you and Malamute.

As for Jay's buttstock, I was thinking someone threw on an 1886 buttstock like the one pictured below. The old ones had the bottom curved down but on thinking more, my guess is that a previous owner of Jays rifle dropped it and broke the toe of the stock, so the logical solution would be to "clean" up the edge of the wood and heat the butt plate to make it match the new contour.----6

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Malamute wrote:I have an old beater 1927 model 94 that was a ranch gun in Az before I got it. It was pretty rough. The mag tube had been damaged, then cut back several inches, the front sight was a cut up dime, the magazine spring had worn through in two places and been spliced together with sewing thread (it still worked), the butt stock was so bad I threw it in the wood stove, it looked like somebody had dragged it down miles of gravel road behind a truck. I replaced it with one that somebody else was going to throw away, it had been split down the middle when a horse rolled on it I think, they epoxied and wood screwed it back together after the horse adventure. No butt plate, somebody gave me one from a BB gun that fit it, I was showing it to some friends and the guy said "wait a minute" then came back and handed me the butt plate and 2 screws, obviously much lower quality than regular gun stuff,...but it fit the inletting and screw holes perfectly, it only required a lot of grinding/filing down the edges to fit the outside of the wood. The BB gun had died years before, but he saved the butt plate off of it, thinking it may somehow be useful one day.

The bore was pitted, and shot so-so. I had the muzzle recrowned, and it shot a bit better, around 3" or 3 1/2" @ 100 yards I believe. I later found a similar barrel in better shape that had a hole near the muzzle from somebody trying to mount a ramp sight. I had that barrel cut to 16 1/2" and its now on the gun. I replaced the mag tube, spring, and a couple screws I managed to lose when soaking it. It had an ancient lyman 56 receiver sight, the first Id seen. The saddle ring hole had been filled with a black substance, that when dug out proved to be pine pitch. No idea when the lyman had been put on it, or if it was possibly factory.

The gun was so dirty inside it looked like it literally hadn't been cleaned in 50 years of hard use. It still functioned, just felt like it was full of mud or sludge. I stripped it completely down and soaked it in a barrel of carb cleaner for a month. It cleaned up OK functionally, it was nice and crisp feeling when done. 20 years ago I was thinking of restocking and refinishing it, but its been my truck and rainy weather dog walking gun for so long I hate to mess with it.
I saw that pic on Facebook today. Someone made a Meme out of it.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jack,
Another thing that is different is it has a convex radius shape and is thinner across than a regular carbine stock. Also the comb is radiused and not flat.
It almost seems like a modified rifle stock more than a modified carbine.
Either way, she's had some hot suppers.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote:It ... seems like a modified rifle stock...
I agree. No "almost" about it.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

My old 25-35. Found this sitting in the corner of a gas station in Gravette Arkansas. Bought it for $22.50. Someone removed the saddle ring to put that Pacific receiver sight on it. One of my favorites.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

M.M,
Your rifle don't count...it shoots too good! :D

Is that mag length original? If so, that's one rare baby at 2/3 rds.---6

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Naw 6, it was a SRC that had the magazine cut to hold 4. That front sight's not original either but that 's the way she was when I found her and so she will be as long as I'm alive. She's still capable of taking care of business huh?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

MM,
TCB?....taking care of business...you bet...that close group wth the bullets entering nice and straight shows it's a shooter. Funny thing, over the years I have come across very nice condition Winchesters and when I went to shoot them, I was lucky to get 6-8" groups. That's why they stayed so nice. One '86 in 45-90 that I still have has 232 notches cut in the stock. The gun is nothing to brag about as far as condition is concerned, but boy, that baby shoots!-------6

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

BlaineG wrote:
Really? Have a copy you can send so I can see it?

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Malamute wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Really? Have a copy you can send so I can see it?
I wouldn't know where to begin.....I'll see, though.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

My .32 Win special made sometime in the late 20's. It has a serial number just over a million.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice old eastern carbine, hondo. I have one much like it in 30wcf that's just under a million. It was the only rifle my dad owned when I was a kid.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hondo,
Nice piece.....another 2/3rds mag. If original, less than 4,000 carbines had a shorter than standard mag tube. 4000 may sound like a lot but by 1927 there was already a million 1894's that were made.

The buttstock? Looks shotgun style, something that came into being later in production. Is the buttplate metal or hard rubber?-----6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Jack,
Guess I forgot there were so few short mag carbines. They are fairly common up here. They sold quite a few like hondo's. Most have steel buttplates with straight serrations.
I have 2 half mag src's in 38-55. Bought both of them right in my town.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Six, the butt plate is steel and I believe it's original at least the finish matches the forearms. If the mag tube isn't original someone went to a lot of trouble. There is no groove on the bottom side of the barrel where the front band screw would have been and the tube has the rounded plug with a retaining tit on it.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Malamute wrote:I have an old beater 1927 model 94 that was a ranch gun in Az before I got it. It was pretty rough. The mag tube had been damaged, then cut back several inches, the front sight was a cut up dime, the magazine spring had worn through in two places and been spliced together with sewing thread (it still worked), the butt stock was so bad I threw it in the wood stove, it looked like somebody had dragged it down miles of gravel road behind a truck. I replaced it with one that somebody else was going to throw away, it had been split down the middle when a horse rolled on it I think, they epoxied and wood screwed it back together after the horse adventure. No butt plate, somebody gave me one from a BB gun that fit it, I was showing it to some friends and the guy said "wait a minute" then came back and handed me the butt plate and 2 screws, obviously much lower quality than regular gun stuff,...but it fit the inletting and screw holes perfectly, it only required a lot of grinding/filing down the edges to fit the outside of the wood. The BB gun had died years before, but he saved the butt plate off of it, thinking it may somehow be useful one day.

I was pretty sure before I opened the thread I would see a pic of that rifle. Pretty sure I saw that rifle with an insert pop a rattle snake? Beater guns are the best.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

hondo1892 wrote:Six, the butt plate is steel and I believe it's original at least the finish matches the forearms. If the mag tube isn't original someone went to a lot of trouble. There is no groove on the bottom side of the barrel where the front band screw would have been and the tube has the rounded plug with a retaining tit on it.
I have an experienced eye (for the most part :D ) and your gun looked "right" but I just had to ask. That's a nice rifle ...very seldom seen in that configuration

And Jay......a smart guy would grab every short barreled carbine he could and bring em South a little...not too far south....about 1/3 of the way down from Maine...30 miles from a town called Philadelphia.....D and you could make some serious bucks. You have TWO SRC's in 38-55 with short mags? Well, just for that I'm putting you in my will...ole pal..ole buddy..friend.....

SRC's in 38-55 are very desirable and with short mags, even more so...ole pal...ole buddy----- :D 6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now Jack, I'd have no prob at all with that. My boys now, well.........You'd probably have to tussel with em a bit. :D
But I'm thinking you got some stuff Cody would be more than happy to trade. :D
In spite of lower production numbers, both the 38-55 and 38-40 were extremely popular in Maine. These ole hillbillies was smart. :D . Downside is, most of em was used often and hard.
I found a pic with the carbines. All four are 38-55's. The carbine on the right came from Jackman, a little town upon the border. It was reputedly owned by the Harrington of H&R fame but I have no provenance.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

sore shoulder wrote: I was pretty sure before I opened the thread I would see a pic of that rifle. Pretty sure I saw that rifle with an insert pop a rattle snake? Beater guns are the best.
It was either a 32 auto adapter or a round ball load, likely round ball. Have tapped a couple snakes on the head with the butt of that gun also. Snake heads aren't very tough when you tap them with a Winchester carbine butt a couple times.

Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

OldWin wrote:Now Jack, I'd have no prob at all with that. My boys now, well.........You'd probably have to tussel with em a bit. :D
But I'm thinking you got some stuff Cody would be more than happy to trade. :D
In spite of lower production numbers, both the 38-55 and 38-40 were extremely popular in Maine. These ole hillbillies was smart. :D . Downside is, most of em was used often and hard.
I found a pic with the carbines. All four are 38-55's. The carbine on the right came from Jackman, a little town upon the border. It was reputedly owned by the Harrington of H&R fame but I have no provenance.
I grew up (actually I didn't grow up till long after I left) in a small town in Maine and I have a .32 SRC like the one on the right. Serial numbered in Nov., 1925, 3 round mag and a carbine butt plate, Kings rear sight. That is one fast and handy rifle. I got my first deer in '59 at 14 with it. I always felt if you couldn't get a deer with 4 rounds you needed to spend the rest of the season practicing rather than hunting. I remember a lot of 94s with magazines of various lengths back in the '50s and there were a number of 92s in .44-40 in town and they always harvested a deer regardless of the fact the writers claimed you couldn't kill anything larger than a woodchuck with one and yes there were some .38-40s in the woods too.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a nice carbine Hawkeye. I've always had an easier time finding 38's. I have twice as many as I do 44's.
The 38-55 carbine on the left in the above picture has the gumwood stocks. Between that, the bigger bore, and the half mag, it's the lightest 94 I've ever used.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice Jay!

Funny thing how most of use find more 38-40 rifles than 44-40 despite a huge higher percentage of 44's that were made. Either the 44 are being hoarded or most of them were worn out faster or shipped overseas.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote:Nice Jay!

Funny thing how most of use find more 38-40 rifles than 44-40 despite a huge higher percentage of 44's that were made. Either the 44 are being hoarded or most of them were worn out faster or shipped overseas.
Thanks Jack,
I figure it's a combination of collectors and use. I do have a 2/3 mag, shotgun butt 92 carbine also. In, you guessed it, 38-40.
Guy in town has one just like it with a stainless barrel. I've coveted that puppy for years.
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I reckon the .44 '92's were exported. They were common at one time in Australia and New Zealand, (and also Brazil I understand.)
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

Just a few leverguns in my possession. The far right is a 40s era 32 Winchester special. It is a dream to shoot. I have killed several coyotes and bobcats with it. I also killed a few does with it. I have never had it with me when a big buck stepped out. Just waiting.

The one next to it is a Buffalo Bill Commemorative. It has never been fired. Funny story about it. My uncle owned it and it sat on a gun rack in the living room. Upon his death my aunt thinking I was my dad (she had a severe drinking problem) gave it to me as it was my uncles wish for my dad to have the rifle. I gave it to dad and dad stuck it in the gun case. Dad then gave it to me asking me not to shoot it hoping it would be valuable one day. He didn't know it would most likely not have much value due to not having the box and paperwork. That said I posted some pictures of it on line trying to get some information on it. It was unique in that all the furniture appeared gold plated and the writing on the barrel was gold. It was muted and not polished sorta aged like you see old gold. No one had seen anything like it. I knew the history of this gun and knew my uncle and aunt would not have spent the money having it dressed up in gold. I contacted Winchester and they confirmed they never made one. That said I had several historic firearms people working on any information they could find. Zero. Nil. None. I oiled it and stuck it back in the gun case. Several years down the road I was in South Mississippi when Katrina hit. The gun wasn't hurt badly, only a spot on the butt stock had any negative issues. That said the high humidity and all I decided to deep clean all my guns and when I broke it down and let it all soak in solvent there was a gummy substance coming off the gun. All over the gun was a golden brownish film. I smelled it trying to figure out what it was. Cigarette Tar. My aunt and uncle were chain smokers and the gun was coated in a layer of TAR. All the oil downs I had done over the years hadn't cut it. It was the Hoppes #9 that softened the tar. Turns out the furniture wasn't gold. HA. Since the gun was never shot it only got a wipe down with oil and the shoved back into the gun cabinet.

The next rifle is a 9422 in 22 magnum. I own several of them. I love them dearly. I also have a .22 lr version not in the cabinet.

The blond 94 is a late 60s 44 magnum. I love it! This gun has killed coyotes and deer like the hammer of Thor. All my shots have been inside 100 yards. I can't imagine ever parting with it. It served as my home defense gun for years due to the capacity. 12 shots if I remember correctly. One other think to mention is I have loaded many cat sneeze rounds for it using Unique powder and cast bullets. I had a garden that deer loved to get into. At one end of the house I kept this gun. at the other end I kept my marlin 35 rem. Both had cat sneezes loaded and stored nearby for killing deer. I could drop a deer without a sound louder than a hiccup.

The last lever action in the cabinet is a .30-30 made the year they closed the plant. It has the horrible cross bolt. I bought the rifle because the price was right and I can deal with the cross bolt. I bought it last year and will use it this year for deer and coyotes. Depending upon finding another 30-30, I will turn this one into a 219 zipper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.