Celebrating Gun Appreciation Day with son in law

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Celebrating Gun Appreciation Day with son in law

Post by sore shoulder »

Well apparently yesterday was the first Gun Appreciation Day, and also the national day for a lot of pro gun rallies. I did not know this, but inadvertently participated wholeheartedly with my son in law. We spent several hours during the warm part of the day down at the shooting spot turning an old stump into sawdust with shotguns and pistols, and sighting in a couple rifles. Was a good time spent coaching him on fundamentals while grouping and zeroing, and just plain fun with shotguns and pistols blowing a stump apart with cheap birdshot and doing mag change drills with pistols. Had a good pile of brass at the end. Probably going to do it again today. Thankfully our fun was unaffected by the current ammo shortages, having pre-empted them by buying cheap and stacking deep prior to :).

Was really fun shooting ammo that is going for $1 round, that I paid nowhere near that for, and adding it as we pulled the trigger and laughing. "$1, $2, $3..." and "That target has $30 worth of holes in it."

I have some 5.56 ammo for sale and it was interesting turning down $0.80 a round from people who felt the need to lecture me on the fact that the same ammo was $.32-.34 per round 2 months ago and they weren't going to pay $1 per round. I told them they should have bought it when it was $0.32 a round, and I was under no obligation to sell it any cheaper than $1 per round. :lol:

Looks like another warm day, prob shoot a lot of .22's. Have a good weekend riflemen.

Jim, hope you're shooting somewhere today.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30