The Leverguns Calendar is Done! (photos)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

The Leverguns Calendar is Done! (photos)

Post by KirkD »

Ladies and Gents, I've finally finished working on my 2013 calendar and it is ready! Here is a photo of the cover .....

If you want to get a copy or two, go to http://www.cafepress.com/KirkD and put in your order. BE SURE TO CHOOSE JANUARY 2013 AS YOUR STARTING MONTH, or your calendar will start on the month you order it (don't ask me how I found this out :roll: ). This is a quality calendar that uses a steel coil binding and the pages are heavy card stock. Those Cafe Press people do everything .... they print it as soon as you order it and they send it out. You should receive your calendar within a week of ordering it. They ship it by courier.

Cost: $18.99 plus shipping and tax (for some states). The people at Cafe Press get $14.99 of that and I get $4. You can cut the shipping costs down if you order two or more. I don't make much money on this (I made about $160 the last time I did it), but it does help with the acquisition of a bullet mould or two .... or maybe even an original tang sight.

If you tell other people about this, be sure to give them this link http://www.cafepress.com/KirkD otherwise, if they find it on their own, the Cafe Press people take $16.99 and I only get $2.

Here's an overview of the photos for each month. Under each photo is a short caption telling a bit about that lever gun, including factory information if available. Each month features a different rifle, although this year is a little Winchester Model 1873-heavy, with three different '73s. As for Marlins, there are four of them, an original Model 94 SRC in 38-40, two original Model 1893/93's (one a deluxe) and an original Model 1889. ...

Last edited by KirkD on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: The Leverguns Calendar is Done! (photos)

Post by Old Ironsights »

Cool! 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Beautiful!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

After just hearing the debate, everything seems 'political' - so it must be a Republican Calendar... ten aimed to the right, one to the left, and one left-leaning libertarian... :wink:

Gotta buy me a couple. CafePress is pretty cool that we can do stuff like that...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

AJMD429 wrote:After just hearing the debate, everything seems 'political' - so it must be a Republican Calendar... ten aimed to the right, one to the left, and one left-leaning libertarian... :wink:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Very nice, Kirk! Got mine ordered.

Thanks for your fine work!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

It looks great! I'm going to get a couple as gifts and one for myself.

Eric
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Awesome, can`t wait to get one or two. 8) :D
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

Looks great, ordered one last night.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Kirk, your photos are striking, as always.
And your collection is one to drool over.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Thank you for all the nice comments. Just to be clear, not all those guns are mine. I only have a very modest collection of seven old Winchesters. Well, maybe only six of them are 'old' ...... one of them is 'Old Savage', my 30-30 carbine that was made the year I was born (1954) so, of course, that one isn't really 'old'. :D
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Yay!!

You're back in the saddle, again. Thanks, Kirk! Ordering 3 right now!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Awesome!---------------will be picking up several for sure! :mrgreen:

Very well done Sir!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Very nice!!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Beautiful job. Love that knover on the cover. Ordering mine on payday
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Very nice!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

KirkD wrote:...one of them is 'Old Savage', my 30-30 carbine that was made the year I was born (1954) so, of course, that one isn't really 'old'. :D
That's cool you named a favorite gun after one of our forum members... 8) :wink:

Guys BEWARE when you order that "You can choose your own start date and month" - almost got ones for Christmas gifts that defaulted to October 2012 as the start and would have only gone to October 2013.

'Course I'm thinkin these are mostly "lookin-at" calendars for the pictures, not something to scribble all over like a monthly planner...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Wonderful, you just solved my Christmas sales territory gift for the season. I even get Mine free as it is going on my expense account!!!!!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Canuck Bob wrote:Wonderful, you just solved my Christmas sales territory gift for the season. I even get Mine free as it is going on my expense account!!!!!
By gum, Bob, I see you are in Calgary. I just had coffee a couple weeks ago with another levergunner in the Calgary airport .... Samb. Maybe next time the three of us can grab a coffee.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Kirk,

How long will these beauties be for sale?

Cat
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Fantastic job!!!!! RR7
"That'll Be The Day"
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Mine came today, Kirk. Beautiful job! But being semi-senile (maybe it's gone past the semi at this point) I had managed to forget your warning on the start date. Ooops!

But Cafe Press is sending me a couple more with the January start date. Nice folks there -- now if they'd just start their calendars on the right month automatically!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Catshooter wrote:Kirk,

How long will these beauties be for sale?
For the remainder of this year and into January or later.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

earlmck wrote:Mine came today, Kirk. Beautiful job! But being semi-senile (maybe it's gone past the semi at this point) I had managed to forget your warning on the start date. Ooops!

But Cafe Press is sending me a couple more with the January start date. Nice folks there -- now if they'd just start their calendars on the right month automatically!
Don't feel bad, I got caught too! If anyone else does that, call them and ask for a proper start date. I don't know if they will send you a free calendar, but hopefully they do. The toll free number is 1-877-809-1659 . In fact, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if there is some way to remove that choice of start month and just have them automatically start on January 2013.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

As expected - an excellent work of collectible Americana!

And I like the fact that the start date was offered. Distributing the other two to some grateful recipients. Thank you, Kirk.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Ordered two, a couple of days ago.............

Thanks Kirk.......

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

KirkD wrote:I got caught too! If anyone else does that, call them and ask for a proper start date. I don't know if they will send you a free calendar, but hopefully they do. The toll free number is 1-877-809-1659 . In fact, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if there is some way to remove that choice of start month and just have them automatically start on January 2013.
i received a beautiful calendar today. despite having checked the start it in January
button, it showed up starting in november. :?
i guess i'll call them in the morning :roll: .
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

pokey wrote:
KirkD wrote:I got caught too! If anyone else does that, call them and ask for a proper start date. I don't know if they will send you a free calendar, but hopefully they do. The toll free number is 1-877-809-1659 . In fact, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if there is some way to remove that choice of start month and just have them automatically start on January 2013.
i received a beautiful calendar today. despite having checked the start it in January
They need to send you a new calendar. I'm going to call them as well in the morning. If you PM me and give me your name and address, I will call on your behalf and make sure you get a properly dated calendar.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

KirkD wrote:
pokey wrote:
They need to send you a new calendar. I'm going to call them as well in the morning. If you PM me and give me your name and address, I will call on your behalf and make sure you get a properly dated calendar.
done :wink:

"BECAUSE I CAN"
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I called the Cafe Press people this morning and told them about this. They apologized for their error and are sending out a replacement calendar that starts in January. In the meantime, I'm going to see if there is anyway they can remove their 'start date' option.

Update: I talked to them about eliminating the choice of start date but they said they can't do that as it is built into their software. Nevertheless, I'll see if I can persuade an IT fellow to give the calendar designer a choice of start date. In the meantime, if anyone gets a calendar with the wrong start date, just call them at 1-877-809-1659 with your order number and ask for a replacement with the proper start date. They should send you one at no charge.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

KirkD wrote:I called the Cafe Press people this morning and told them about this. They apologized for their error and are sending out a replacement calendar that starts in January. In the meantime, I'm going to see if there is anyway they can remove their 'start date' option.

Update: I talked to them about eliminating the choice of start date but they said they can't do that as it is built into their software. Nevertheless, I'll see if I can persuade an IT fellow to give the calendar designer a choice of start date. In the meantime, if anyone gets a calendar with the wrong start date, just call them at 1-877-809-1659 with your order number and ask for a replacement with the proper start date. They should send you one at no charge.
Kirk,
For future reference. A better solution would be for the website to mark - much more clearly, perhaps in large, bold letters - that the start date option means that the first month will be the start date selected. I believe that there are others out there, like me, who want to start using the calendar immediately. Changing the typeset on the order form has no effect on the software.

I gave two calendars to relatives who are using your fine calendars right now, enjoying them before the Christmas rush. And I love my calendar. BTW, it is a saver - something that I will keep long after 2013.

John
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That is a good idea, John. Thanks for the suggestion. I will see if they will do that.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Kirk,

I received my calendar order today. It is a beautiful work of art, thanks very much.

Despite being warned by you in this thread to get the start date you want, I of course was in a hurry when I ordered and so failed to notice the clearly marked start date menu.

So I got November as the start month. *sigh* Just shows you nothing is idiot proof, not to the right idiot!

I emailed Cafe clearly taking responsibility for my error and not asking for anything from them. I just made the suggestion that instead of making the current month the default start month, to make the default Jan. Then if someone wants a different month the can select it. I mean who starts a calendar with Nov? Well, in this age of computers one can and I can see it's value.

At any rate, Cafe emailed back and said they are sending me a replacement at no charge. I've gone from an unhappy customer to quite happy now. I mean how can you ask for more? Pretty generous of them to fix my screw up for free.

Thanks again for the calendar and thanks for picking an excellent company to make it!

Cat
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Very glad to hear that, Catshooter. I'm impressed that they replaced the calendar even after you took responsibility for it.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

KirkD wrote:Very glad to hear that, Catshooter. I'm impressed that they replaced the calendar even after you took responsibility for it.
looks like you picked a good publishing company to work with. :wink:

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I was very surprised too Kirk. Pleasantly. I was quite prepared to live with the calendar I have, after all. But I won't forget how they treated me. If I have the occaision I will be sure to push business their way.

I guess real customer service isn't quite dead in America after all!

Cat
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Newtmaker »

Mine came yesterday but they got the months wrong. I asked for Jan ~ Dec as per your early post and it came Nov ~ Oct :shock:
It's OK, however, as they are shippimg me another :D
Great looking job!

Thanks.....

Walt
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Mine arrived a few days ago.

It's too pretty to hang in my hovel. Now I'm gonna have to build a new Man Cave just to hang it up...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I ordered mine tonight, looking forward to getting it.
NRA Life Member, Patron
mudgunner49
Levergunner

Post by mudgunner49 »

Another beautiful job Kirk - I think I just found Dad's Christmas gift!!!!

blake
Indianagirl
Levergunner

Post by Indianagirl »

Absolutely beautiful!! and perfect for Christmas gifts!

Now when someone asks if I have begun Christmas shopping yet, I can grin and say ..........You betcha!! :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Glad you like it! :D
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I ordered three today. I will be giving two as gifts. I followed your instructions and selected January 2013 as the start date. After reading tonight of some of the issues others have had with receiving the wrong start date, I checked my email confirmation just now.
The email states a start date of "01/01/0001". I hope I get the right year! :D :D :D

But seriously, nice work Kirk!

Thanks,
Dave B
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

got the replacement today. :D
right months, wah-hoo.
beautiful, again.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Indianagirl wrote:Absolutely beautiful!! and perfect for Christmas gifts!

Now when someone asks if I have begun Christmas shopping yet, I can grin and say ..........You betcha!! :D
Hi Indianagirl 8)
Got my calender too, it`s really special, thanks Kirk. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Stunning... 8) 8) 8)
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

I just went back to the order site. I did not find new photos just the ones for 2013. Hope Kirk is good, would like a new one for '14.
Pierre