Lyman climin lyman windage adjustment?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hemiallen
Levergunner 2.0

Lyman climin lyman windage adjustment?

Post by hemiallen »

I have a 1926 1894 winchester with the lyman "climin Lyman" but I believe the windage portion is missing a adjustment screw or something.

Anyone have any pictures, or an explanation on how to adjust the windage of this sight? I saw some reference to them having a windage adjustable and non adjustable version, I see no screws for fine adjustment, maybe the peep needs to be drifted like most levergun rear sights? It doesn't line up even close to the fold down rear's alignment with the front blade.

Thanks
Allen
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Lyman climin lyman windage adjustment?

Post by 71fan »

The Lyman 38 is the version with a windage screw, but you see them much less frequently than the Lyman 21. The 21 must be drift adjusted. The slit on the right side can be opened up very slightly with small screwdriver and the peep moved with your fingers. Put the screwdriver blade into the slit and push it forward just a tad until the pressure is reduced enough to move the peep. Be gentle - it doesn't take much pressure to loosed it up.

That's the way I do it. I never felt good about putting a brass drift punch on the sights because of the way they are mounted.

I have three 21s and they all were marked /etched (before they came to me) where the peep was, so I think it was common to mark the correct position in case the peep drifted a bit during use.
Chad
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Here is a Lyman 38 that was on Ebay last month:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... lpt=229590

And here's my Winny 55 with a 21:
Chad
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I don't know where I was, but I definitely missed that Lyman 38 DA. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
hemiallen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hemiallen »

Thanks

Mine is like yours, apparently not a fine windage adjustable version.

Do you know how to adjust windage on yours?

Anyone know what a non-adj sight is worth? Mine unfortunately has new blue on it, but it wasn't buffed heavy as the lyman logo is crisp and deep.

Thanks
Allen